Massachusetts-Boston

Bella Sera Alterations

Hi there! I bought my dress at Bella Sera, so I was planning to do alterations through them since figuring this is the easiest/best thing, especially since some bridal salons closer to home won't touch a gown not purchased with them.
Has anyone has any experience with their alterations department? Roughly how much did they cost? Or do you have any suggestions on a good seamstress?
My gown will need to be taken in and hemmed, no dramatic changes to the dress but it is silk organza so it is layered and delicate.

Re: Bella Sera Alterations

• I bought my dress at Bella Sera too, and I'm planning on using them for alterations. I figure that those seamstresses are familiar with the dresses and if, God forbid, something goes wrong, Bella Sera will fix any problems because you used their seamstress. Once you take the dress and go somewhere else, any problems that happen become your problem.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress at Bella Sera as well, and had alterations done there too. I didn't need a whole lot of work done to my dress but my mother said it cost less than she expected. We wanted them done there because we felt the dress was in good hands. By all means, find out how much it will cost at Bella Sera and if you have another seamstess in mind ask them as well. It doesn't hurt to shop around :)
  • I bought my gown off the rack at Bella Sera, so needed a hem and bustle. Those two alterations totaled $400. I was honestly a bit shocked but it was my own fault for not asking around first. I will say that the seamstress (Janice) was really great and I was pleased with her work. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards