New Hampshire

PIP-Hair Trial and Dress Fitting

I had my hair trial today and I absolutely love it!! It was exactly what I had in my head! I went in there with nothing but my veil and hairpiece and told the girl that my dress was kind of romantic and that I wanted something soft, but I couldn't find a picture that really captured what I wanted. Then she did this and it was just perfect I am so excited!

Here are the pics:

The back view:

The side:

I also had a dress fitting right after so that I could see the "whole picture".  I am so excited with everything.  I've been going to Dressmaking by Dolly and she is just amazing! Here are some pics from the fitting:

The front:

The bussle (LOVE IT!!)

Anniversary

Re: PIP-Hair Trial and Dress Fitting

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks fantastic! I love Dolly...I actually have to go and drop off the crinoline I was borrowing for the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow your hair an dress look absolutely gorgeous! I have a question for you... I bought my dress at 125 and love it but I know I am going to need alterations. I have (obviously on this board) heard terrible reviews of the alterations they do there so I dont think I want to trust them to do mine. Where is Dressmaking by Dolly? And did you just pick up your dress from the store you bought it at and bring it to her? Also, if you dont mind me asking, about how much did the alterations cost? Thanks so much! You must be getting so excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything looks fantastic!  You are getting sooooo close!!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Love the hair and the whole look!  So glad you're happy!
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_pip-hair-trial-dress-fitting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:c82b779d-6c1d-4e8d-93a7-1f6298b7f8fdPost:c8a22b54-af15-4dfa-bcea-a67a455f1f6e">Re: PIP-Hair Trial and Dress Fitting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow your hair an dress look absolutely gorgeous! I have a question for you... I bought my dress at 125 and love it but I know I am going to need alterations. I have (obviously on this board) heard terrible reviews of the alterations they do there so I dont think I want to trust them to do mine. Where is Dressmaking by Dolly? And did you just pick up your dress from the store you bought it at and bring it to her? Also, if you dont mind me asking, about how much did the alterations cost? Thanks so much! You must be getting so excited :)
    Posted by caseyhaynes429[/QUOTE]

I also used Dolly. I bought my dress from a store in Maine brought it home and then took it to Dolly. She kept it up until the day before the wedding, it was safer there then in my house.
    I paid $200 for a bustle, cups, she took it in the back and sides. She also let me borrow a crinoline and steamed it before I picked it up.  You can see before and after pictures in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Dolly too! She also did my sister's dress for her wedding last month!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the info firedancer!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your dress!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards