Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

AW: Yuppie abode!

Okay, so here it is! I'm so excited, I can't even stand it. (SN: I almost put "the new crib" as the subject, but I didn't want any misunderstandings).

Entryway to our little building. There are three units, we have the first floor and basement (which is partially above ground).

Entry from the front door is into the open living room/dining room/kitchen. Those things on the floor are kind of skylights into the basement. I was very iffy at first, but they somehow really work. We will definitely be putting a frosted look on the glass so guests don't feel like they cannot wear skirts to our house! We will also be adding an island to the kitchen to break up the space a little.

Our smallish, but still awesome kitchen. Now I just have to figure out optimal placement of the KA Mixer.

The master bedroom, which has access to the back patio area. We measured, and it's the perfect size for our king sized bed! I cannot wait to get that thing out of storage.

The upstairs bathroom, which will be painted. The shower (which is on the left) is awesome.

The extra-wide stairs down to the great room.

The great room from the other side of the room. See the skylights? I do love this room, but am thinking I might just want to carpet the whole thing to make it more cozy. We'll see.

Downstairs room that will be used as our guest room.

Downstairs/Guest bath... although I'm tempted to use this for my own because through the door in the back is a massive walk-in closet!

There aren't any good pictures of it, but there is a 2nd bedroom  next to the master bedroom upstairs. And a gorgeous washer and dryer tucked into the closet on the left in the downstairs bathroom. I never knew I would be so excited about appliances. All of the yellow paint is less over-whelming in person, so painting is going to be a room-by-room long term kind of project.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket

Re: AW: Yuppie abode!

• edited December 2011
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like button needed!  Very cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can ditto B2B. It's gorgeous! I like the skylights - although I totally agree with the plan to frost them over.

any idea when you get to move out of your parents and into your new crib? hehe
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Very cute, very yuppie, very city, very modern... I think its adorable and a perfect place for parties!
  • edited December 2011
    Very nice!  Where is it located?
  • edited December 2011

I love it!

Love the skylights!

I am trying to convince DH to add more counter space for my KA mixer ;)

• Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    looks great
    I love the kitchen!  Congrats!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen it looks great!!!  You put in an offer, right?  Has been accepted?  What is your timeline?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH, I cannot wait to have parties here -- the floorplan is going to be awesome for hosting!

NCV, it's in the Rittenhouse neighborhood. We were looking in NoLibs and Art Museum, but kept coming back to this place (partially for it's awesome location). The biggest challenge is going to be parking for DH, but if it's really bad we'll just get a space in a lot nearby.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I love it. That place is just begging for a few awesome parties. And- nice appliances! I love the refrigerator... and all of them are new! Yay!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy, the offer/counter-offer fun happened last week, and we accepted his counter on Friday! Now it's just a matter of getting the home inspection scheduled and getting the mortgage squared away (we were pre-approved, and I really want to lock in soon because we're getting a good rate). We put in a 45-day timeline, but I'm thinking we might be able to get it done in 30 (all depending on the mortgage, of course).
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I didn't notice the fridge before, it's HUGE!!!

I can fit my entire apt. in the downstairs room for sure, it might have room left over.  :-/
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, but you live in London! We would definitely not be able to afford something this big in a bigger city!
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's beautiful! Congrats!!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What a great house! I would see how you were iffy about the skylights but I love how they looked in the basement/grate room... Love it! Congrats and good luck with the inspection/mortgage!! :)
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    super cute and modern. congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    looks fantastic!  Congrats and good luck with the mortgage, inspection, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!!! Congrats. I looks awesome!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards