Wedding Reception Forum

a... different approach to dollar dance.

13»

Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:62209dd8-a440-4367-a0fb-cedd033382d5">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Ok Mattz, by all these comments, I think you can already guess the mindset of all these knotties (or the ones who disagree), but what they don't realize is, is that it is YOUR wedding, NOT theirs! I said it once and I will say it again, do whatever you like! Some woman just can't get the wedding bee out of their butt!
    Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]

We realize it isn't our wedding.

It isn't HIS wedding either. It's his and his fiancee's wedding. He hasn't stated how she feels about all of this.

If their parents are contributing, it's also their party that they are co-hosting. Their feelings should be considered too.

If all of us feel this way, there's a good chance some of the guests will too. The guests, however, won't say anything because it would be rude for them to tell the bride and groom it's a stupid idea. That's why objective opinions on a forum are actually a pretty good idea. These guys have rescued me from some pretty bad ideas. I've learned a lot from them.
  • I agree with everyone on here that it is not the place for paintballs and I would hate this if I were at a wedding where this was done (28 yo here).  Unless you are a member of the the Jacka$$ group, this has no place at a wedding.
    Also, I don't know who your friends are that they roll up to a wedding with that much cash, but I can't imagine that any wedding guests are going to have $100 to drop for the first price range.....it's rather presumptuous of you to assume that they would have that, and care to give it to such a hairbrained stunt.  Good luck to your FI...

• Well, despite reading all the replies to this and all of those correcting your grammar, I THINK ITS AWESOME :) it is different and I think your guests would enjoy it, i know mine would. My friends would do anything to get to do something silly like that. And it is totally out of the ordinary and something no one else would have at their wedding. I think it would make your wedding special and if it is something you like the idea of then screw what everyone negative has to say and do it. It's your day, everyone replying can do their day however they want.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:c76fe735-1a2c-4572-a70b-178ec18b56ee">a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my fiancee and I were laying in bed thinking of different ideas instead of a dollar dance and I had a fun/funny/different idea for it. Paintballs. I always enjoy doing things that are different and creative so I had the idea of getting hit with paintballs. We would announce that in lou of the dollar dance we would be collecting money if people wanted. If we hit a certain amount say 100-150 I would get hit with 5 paintballs. 150-200 8, 200-250 11, etc etc. If people really wanted to donate alot for $20 they could shoot me 2 times. This way people dont have to wait in line to dance, they dont donate if they dont want to and it would make it a little bit more fun. Everyone loves to watch people make an ass out of themselves and seeing someone get hit by paintballs would defaintly be a funny thing to see. Plus the pictures would be pretty funny. So ideas? Thoughts?
    Posted by Mattz[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:dd3a6826-8733-434f-b7b2-d7154fc4fdd8">Re:a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:a... different approach to dollar dance.: You just went from newbie that I liked and thought pretty decently of to horrible advice giver who I cannot possibly Respect even a little.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Your judging me based upon the advice I give? Or are you just surprised that I don't have the same opinion as you?
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:70ac2f26-65aa-4e68-99a7-34701588d190">Re:a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:a... different approach to dollar dance. :  Your judging me based upon the advice I give? Or are you just surprised that I don't have the same opinion as you?

I'm judging you on the advice you gave and your attitude regarding the other opinions in this thread.  The "It's your day do what you want." line of garbage followed by the bee up the butt comment encourages me to assume  you're an entitled twit who will likely alienate all of her friends and family by the time your wedding comes around. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:62209dd8-a440-4367-a0fb-cedd033382d5">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Ok Mattz, by all these comments, I think you can already guess the mindset of all these knotties (or the ones who disagree), but what they don't realize is, is that it is YOUR wedding, NOT theirs! I said it once and I will say it again, do whatever you like! Some woman just can't get the wedding bee out of their butt!

<div>Aren't you the one who posted on E about how rude you think honeymoon jars are?  Do you want to amend that statement to, "I think asking guests for money at your wedding is rude UNLESS you are going to let them shoot you with paintballs"?  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:4f9c9737-f789-452f-a67b-0df87aa5ada7">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. : Aren't you the one who posted on E about how rude you think honeymoon jars are?  Do you want to amend that statement to, "I think asking guests for money at your wedding is rude UNLESS you are going to let them shoot you with paintballs"?  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

She's also forcing her BMs to go barefoot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:e783dab5-fa83-4fca-9432-865a1d78cbce">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. : She's also forcing her BMs to go barefoot.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Smooth... how old are you? 12?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:4f9c9737-f789-452f-a67b-0df87aa5ada7">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. : Aren't you the one who posted on E about how rude you think honeymoon jars are?  Do you want to amend that statement to, "I think asking guests for money at your wedding is rude UNLESS you are going to let them shoot you with paintballs"?  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

Uh yes! At least they are doing something rather than just putting money in a jar...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:7b238fb3-13ac-4ec8-a19e-040a3629c1e8">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. :  Uh yes! At least they are doing something rather than just putting money in a jar...

<div>Ok, well, it is actually rude to ask your guests (YOUR guests--you are hosting them) pay for anything at the reception.  Even if your guests got drinks in exchange for their money, that would not be the proper way to host them, because everything should be on the hosts.  If you want to have carnival rides at your wedding, for example, guests should have to pay--you pay and they ride for free.  It doesn't matter if the guests get something in return.  </div>
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:41f0b4ab-8a8a-46d7-a2bb-0e5006a04cf7">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. :  Smooth... how old are you? 12?

How am acting 12. I gave a factual statement based on what you said. It is not rumor. Spreading rumors would be acting 12. You are the one that doesn't know how to properly act as an adult.  Don't get all upset because people don't agree with your bad ideas and equally bad advice.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:0a98dbc1-928f-42fc-918b-a9e26462c11a">Re:a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:a... different approach to dollar dance. : I'm judging you on the advice you gave and your attitude regarding the other opinions in this thread.  The "It's your day do what you want." line of garbage followed by the bee up the butt comment encourages me to assume  you're an entitled twit who will likely alienate all of her friends and family by the time your wedding comes around. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I agree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:c76fe735-1a2c-4572-a70b-178ec18b56ee">a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my fiancee and I were laying in bed thinking of different ideas instead of a dollar dance and I had a fun/funny/different idea for it. Paintballs. I always enjoy doing things that are different and creative so I had the idea of getting hit with paintballs. We would announce that in lou of the dollar dance we would be collecting money if people wanted. If we hit a certain amount say 100-150 I would get hit with 5 paintballs. 150-200 8, 200-250 11, etc etc. If people really wanted to donate alot for $20 they could shoot me 2 times. This way people dont have to wait in line to dance, they dont donate if they dont want to and it would make it a little bit more fun. Everyone loves to watch people make an ass out of themselves and seeing someone get hit by paintballs would defaintly be a funny thing to see. Plus the pictures would be pretty funny. So ideas? Thoughts?
    Posted by Mattz[/QUOTE]

I just had another thought-what about your guests clothing? are you going to pay for all of the ruined clothes? doubtful if you're trying to figure out ways to raise money at your wedding. my bag, my dress, my shoes-not cheap. i'm sure you're not ready for a bill ilke that from every one of your guests-because the paint WILL get onto them. and you'll have to pay for it-if it even comes out at all, or replace their clothes. so there you go-replace my 500 dress, my 300 bag that i bought last time iw as in italy, my 300 shoes. quite a bill you're racking up there. one more reason to keep thinking of another creative way to get money from your guests.

• We had the dollar dance at my daughter's wedding.  It's a Polish tradition....we're Polish...everybody had a ball....nobody was offended!    I don't think it's right to label this tradition as "rude" when it's part of a family's heritage!
  • sierraberry32sierraberry32 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:76e235b6-774f-4fca-bde8-ad093030b781">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. : How am acting 12. I gave a factual statement based on what you said. It is not rumor. Spreading rumors would be acting 12. You are the one that doesn't know how to properly act as an adult.  Don't get all upset because people don't agree with your bad ideas and equally bad advice.

My barefoot idea really bothers you doesn't it? You better get used it, because this is how it's going to be! It's pathetic that you need to bring up my wedding ideas into account, just so you can join into the conversation... Good job sweetie!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:ca79610f-6aa3-41d1-8905-434c76835d29">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had the dollar dance at my daughter's wedding.  It's a Polish tradition....we're Polish...everybody had a ball....nobody was offended!    I don't think it's right to label this tradition as "rude" when it's part of a family's heritage!
    Posted by Juniper403[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:ca79610f-6aa3-41d1-8905-434c76835d29">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had the dollar dance at my daughter's wedding.  It's a Polish tradition....we're Polish...everybody had a ball....nobody was offended!    I don't think it's right to label this tradition as "rude" when it's part of a family's heritage!
    Posted by Juniper403[/QUOTE]

You're right.  When it is a deeply rooted CULTURAL tradition, there is not a problem.  When B & G's use it when they are not, say, Polish, then it is a problem.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:fb4a65f1-fafd-4a0b-9b1b-b22e8d422d98">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. :  My barefoot idea really bothers you doesn't it? You better get used it, because this is how it's going to be! It's pathetic that you need to bring up my wedding ideas into account, just so you can join into the conversation... Good job sweetie!

Oh Sierra in the end you are going to do whatever you want but that doesn't make it right.  You asked people's opinions of the topic not too long ago and a lot of people disagreed with with you not only I. This is not the only bad idea you have. You have been spilling them all over the boards as another poster pointed out. Since you first started posting you have been going with the idea of it's my wedding and I'll do what I want not matter what. The minute you invite a single guests it stops being your wedding. Keep living with your head in the clouds and you'll be fine.

• sierraberry32sierraberry32 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:01e303d2-0de2-44fa-8016-fbcc06456b7e">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. : Oh Sierra in the end you are going to do whatever you want but that doesn't make it right.  You asked people's opinions of the topic not too long ago and a lot of people disagreed with with you not only I. This is not the only bad idea you have. You have been spilling them all over the boards as another poster pointed out. Since you first started posting you have been going with the idea of it's my wedding and I'll do what I want not matter what. The minute you invite a single guests it stops being your wedding. Keep living with your head in the clouds and you'll be fine.

On the contrary, I didn't ask if it was a good idea or not for my ladies to go barefoot, I asked about the color of nail polish I should use for their pedicures. And you immediately gave me your horrible opinion that nobody cared about. You should read things more carefully and stop jumping to conclusions. My girls love the idea of going barefoot and I am paying for their pedicures... Get over yourself.

P.S. Read this slowly so you can catch all the details! We don't want you to make a fool out of yourself again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:1542ca82-ca6a-442e-b715-f5409cfc3fc5">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: a... different approach to dollar dance. :  On the contrary, I didn't ask if it was a good idea or not for my ladies to go barefoot, I asked about the color of nail polish I should use for their pedicures. And you immediately gave me your horrible opinion that nobody cared about. You should read things more carefully and stop jumping to conclusions. My girls love the idea of going barefoot and I am paying for their pedicures... Get over yourself.  P.S. Read this slowly so you can catch all the details! We don't want you to make a fool out of yourself again!

Have a great wedding. It's obvious that you are looking for validation and get defensive over everything.  Good luck to you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_a-different-approach-to-dollar-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:a448a371-6422-412e-ba79-85c2f4259da1Post:b3f611e5-b251-4e46-9ae5-a3287a9a3e1f">Re: a... different approach to dollar dance.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sierraberry, dictating nail polish color to your maids is micromanaging to the nth degree. There's nothing wrong with them going barefoot....but do you really think guests will be that interested in the color of their toenails? You really ought to rethink the quality and tone of your posts.  You do this on every board, and it gets people banned.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

It is a picture moment for my wedding album... I like the idea of taking pictures of the shoes, so I wanted something similar, but with bare feet!  And how do my posts get people banned?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards