January 2013 Weddings

ENGAGED!!

I'm so excited to finally be able to post on this board!! I've been reading it religiously and am finally engaged as of May 22nd. :):) Anyone have ideas for photos in the snow? I'm worried about my dress. 

Re: ENGAGED!!

• This is my suggestion to you. http://gownguardian.com/

Congrats on the engagement though. :) It's such an exciting time.
  • I haven't thought about it yet so nothing to contribute, but congratulations!!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you both!
  • @gabbagirl Any fun proposal stories?  Or ring-choosing stories?  :)  I love hearing everyone's...

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:0a553e4f-0cec-42a4-b4ba-1daf043cd136Post:06e7c03f-482c-47c1-a077-e1797a090781">Re: ENGAGED!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@gabbagirl  Any fun proposal stories?  Or ring-choosing stories?  :)  I love hearing everyone's...
    Posted by melisrodis[/QUOTE]

<div>YES, Actually!! I live in LA and my fiance lives in Orange County. Originally, he's from Minneapolis (where we both went to school) and I am from WI. I left for a two-week vacation (without him) and I stayed at his parents house in mpls for the first 4 days of my vacation. On my 2nd day there, my best friend and I spent the day together catching up. Coffee, manicures, etc. After our manicures we were supposed to go my old school to see some friends, but her friend Tony from Hawaii was visiting and needed a ride from the airport, so we needed to swing by there and pick him up. We ended up being early so we went inside the airport to wait. After almost an hour of waiting, she said he texted her and that we should go by the escalator to wait. I look up the escalator and the first thing I see is a poster board that says "Gabrielle" ... i froze :) He then flipped to another sign that said "I have..." and the third one said "A question for you.." ...then he threw the signs aside, walked up to me, knelt down, and proposed! (with my DREAM TACORI ring, no less!) My best friend taped the whole thing on her phone, and his best friend took pictures. That night his parents threw an engagement party for his family and our friends from college that still live in the area. About an hour into the party my parents showed up as well! (5 hour drive from green bay for them) I was so surprised!!</div>
  • Congratualtions!
  • What a cute proposal!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's so sweet!  I love it!

• Gah! Good thing you said yes with that Engagement party already planned! ;D
  • Congrats and welcome to the board! My proposal story is sort of similar, funny! I had been away for a week on a girls trip without him. When I flew home, as I was walking to baggage claim, there he was, waiting with a sign that had my last name. Once I saw him, he dropped that sign and underneath was "Will you Marry Me?" so I have a soft spot for airport proposals!
  • haha I love it! those clever boys.. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards