Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

QUICK

REASONS FI SHOULD LET ME GET A NOOK/KINDLE FOR THE HONEYMOON.

go!!

Re: QUICK

• Options
    so far I have:
    he can play games on it
  • Options
    I thought your post was going to say "THIS WAS MY NICKNAME IN COLLEGE."

Umm...because they're awesome?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Because they're awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so close guys I can smell it. 

Because they are awesome might work
  • Options
    Because ebooks are cheaper?

Because they take up less room?

Because it's really easy to just get barnes and noble gift cards for presents and your wife will never be happier?

Because I'll lend my books to roserita?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Brandiewine11Brandiewine11 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Because you NEED it. Otherwise, you will have to pay extra to check the bag with all the books you need to bring so you can read on the beach. With your new nook, all your books fit in your carry on!

ETA: And if you get a Nook, I will lend you books to read so you don't have to buy them.
  • Options
    Because he wants to check his facebook all the time. I KNOW IT.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    my nickname was NOT quick fishy!!!

At least not in college. 
  • Options
    Because it's important to him, AND I KNO W IT IS, that his wife is up to date with all of the newest electronic equipment.

AND BEST OF ALL, IF HE REALLY LOVED YOU, HED GET YOU ONE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Because instead of bringing 10 books, you'll just bring the e-reader and then he won't have to carry as heavy of a suitcase or carry on!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Because it's easier and lighter than carrying a bunch of books on the airplane.

Because you won't whine about how heavy your luggage is if you have one.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Because if you want to read it in the pool, you can just put it in a large ziplock freezer bag and you're golden. NO SOGGY PAGES.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Because E girls will loan you books. And you'll save space in your home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Because it will save up bookcase space! and you won't bug him when you finish a book and don't have anything else to read.
    because any kind of e-reader is awesome and you will be the only kid in class w/o one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:27af506f-4ac9-4d09-9294-f839b99d3d35Post:3e5667e1-87bb-40cd-9605-11cbba3c2e0d">Re: QUICK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because if you want to read it in the pool, you can just put it in a large ziplock freezer bag and you're golden. NO SOGGY PAGES.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>That is an awesome idea. Why didn't I think of that??!</div>
  • Options
    Oh man I wish I could guilt him into this. He is too practical. He is resisting. 
  • Options
    Because you can get hundreds of books for absolutely free. Most are classics, but you can definitely find new ones out there. 
  • Options
    NEENER NEENER NEENER, NO ONE SIT WITH ROSIE. SHE DOESN'T HAVE AN EEEEEE READER.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Tell him he will be made fun of by everyone that has one and then be upset the entire honeymoon!!!
  • Options
    Because he loves you, and because the next time he wants something frivolous, you'll remember this and let him buy it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:27af506f-4ac9-4d09-9294-f839b99d3d35Post:4b9a59a4-6e2c-4bab-a3f1-85331c45511f">Re: QUICK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man I wish I could guilt him into this. He is too practical. He is resisting. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>Try the financial aspect: e-books are cheaper. And it saves paper therefore saves trees. And it takes up less space in your house. Those are what worked on my FI.</div>
  • Options
    WHATS MORE PRACTICAL THAN A BILLION BOOKS IN ONE SMALL SPACE?

Brandie, I live my life in the water, and I needed to find a way to do it in the water.

It's brilliant.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:27af506f-4ac9-4d09-9294-f839b99d3d35Post:5f169c30-cdff-43ce-b112-2136c2ffee8d">Re: QUICK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Because you can get hundreds of books for absolutely free. Most are classics, but you can definitely find new ones out there. 
    Posted by Ghoti[/QUOTE]

<div>I told him I could Scarlet Letter for free and he totally gave me the stink eye.</div>
  • Options
    Well, HEEEEEE DOESNT HAVE TO READ THEM NOW DOES HE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    He did accidentally scratch me with a fork tonight and I have whimpering a lot but he is not buying it :(
  • Options
    You can get thousands of books for free if you have questionable morals.
    :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:27af506f-4ac9-4d09-9294-f839b99d3d35Post:4b9a59a4-6e2c-4bab-a3f1-85331c45511f">Re: QUICK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man I wish I could guilt him into this. He is too practical. He is resisting. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

BUT THE E-READER IS PRACTICAL!

Will you guys move in the near future?  Fewer heavy boxes of books for him to carry.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:27af506f-4ac9-4d09-9294-f839b99d3d35Post:b427cc91-8211-49ca-92e8-fe463a6298ec">Re: QUICK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, HEEEEEE DOESNT HAVE TO READ THEM NOW DOES HE.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>Gotta be honest, I didn't really want to read The Scarlet Letter.</div>
  • Options
    Yeah less boxes!! I just moved 8 boxes of books down to SC.. it was not fun. and I don't have a bookcase. You can limit that problem!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:27af506f-4ac9-4d09-9294-f839b99d3d35Post:4e7b72d7-8378-4d7b-9fa4-74a6770ac2e9">Re: QUICK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: QUICK : BUT THE E-READER IS PRACTICAL! Will you guys move in the near future?  Fewer heavy boxes of books for him to carry.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This is a very valid point.  We just moved, and H was very grumpy about all the boxes of books.  He kept mumbling that "I gave you a Kindle for Christmas.  Why do you have all these still?"

Because that collection took me 27 years to accumulate, and if I didn't have the Kindle, there would be even MORE boxes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards