Illinois-Chicago

David's Bridal in Orland Park, IL

I just wanted to post my praises of the David's Bridal in Orland Park, IL!  I can't write a review on weddingwire until after the wedding, so I thought this would be a great way to get the word out.

I had never intended to even set foot inside of a David's for my gown, mainly because of what I had read online.  When I saw that they were having their annual $99 gown sale though, I decided to take a look.  While I didn't end up trying those dresses on, they DID have all of the dresses in the store marked down $300-400 dollars each, so I went that route instead.  Katie, my consultant, was AMAZING.  She was so nice, knew my style immediately, and listened carefully to what my mother and I described in what we wanted from my dress.  She did not push me into trying anything on, or even influence my decision in anyway.  Actually, I am a teacher, and I felt that Katie approached me trying on gowns much like I would approach a student who was trying to figure out a problem  in classfor - she asked me what I was thinking, why I felt one way or another, and made dress selections for me based on that.  In the end, she chose 2 beautiful gowns for me that I had a hard time choosing between (from the Oleg line).  She scheduled me for the following Friday (I came in on a Wednesday) so that I had time to think about which one I wanted.

The best part was that I never felt pressured to buy anything at all.  At the other salons I had went to, I felt that mounting pressure toward the end of my appointment, which made me nervous.  I went back the following Friday, tried the two gowns on that I loved, and decided on the first drop-waist A-line Katie had chosen for me (which was something I would have NEVER picked out by myself!!)

I got my gown 1 week from the day I ordered it.  When I came in to pick it up, Katie checked the entire dress with me to be sure the bead work was done right, that the seams were sewn correctly, and that the dress fit me well.  Not only this, but because Katie ordered me the correct size (I am 5'4'' and about 150 lbs), I don't need ANY alterations - hemming included! - at all.  All I need is the bustle!  I also received a Holiday gift of a $50 credit toward alterations because I bought my dress around Christmas. 

I am so thrilled and just needed to share this with every South Suburban bride out there!  If you go to David's in Orland, ask for Katie!

Re: David's Bridal in Orland Park, IL

• edited December 2011
    I had a really nice experience there too searching for bmaid dresses!
  • heyyjude7heyyjude7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go to that one, but I did have a great experience at the one in Vernon Hills!  Seriously, I think it is all based on your expectations.  Because of reviews, I had very low expectations.  I was so happy to be wrong.  My bridesmaids had a fantastic time there too for dresses too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this!  I have an appointment there in Jan for bm dresses and was a little nervous!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience @ the David's Bridal in Oaklawn...Jamie was good and very patient.
    image114 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 7 Will be missing out!
    RSVP Deadline May 11th 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I had a good experience there too!  LOVED my Oleg Cassini dress!

• MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we went to DB in Orland to look at Bridesmaid dresses right after the new fall styles were introduced. I don't remember our consultant's name but she was very nice and helpful and even though they didn't have all the dresses in yet that we wanted to see, it was still a great experience!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards