July 2013 Weddings

August siggy?

Last month we had great suggestions but the only 2 I remember are:
Spot where FI proposed
Our first date

Do we want to pick from these or something new?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: August siggy?

• Found the thread, some of the suggestions were:

First Date
    Favorite Date Night
    First Vacation with FI
    Favorite Anniversary
    Favorite Gift from FI (besides e-rings!)
    Where you met your FI
    How long you've been together

Favorite pic with  FI was brought up - some people don't like putting their pic on the net.  I figure this one would wait until we get closer and more people get their epic proofs back ;)  We'll all know eachother a bit better by then and some people might not be so against it.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • edited July 2012
    For me the gifts are out but only because with the purchase of our house and previous financial blunders we havent really been gifting. Christmas last year was a new washer/dryer and so we didn't get eachother anything. The house got all the gifts lol My vote goes to first vacation. Im excited! I have to say though I loved seeing everyones color schemes! Soo pretty.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Spot where he proposed or where you first met

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I thiink we should keep off on "big" ones like proposal stories & rings until closer to the date.  A lot of people are engaged less than a year and I think we're going to get a lot of people joining the board in the next 3-6 months.
  • Also, most of these are NWR, are there any WR ones that people want to do instead?
  • In Response to Re:August siggy?:[QUOTE]I thiink we should keep off on quot;bigquot; ones like proposal stories amp; rings until closer to the date. nbsp;A lot of people are engaged less than a year and I think we're going to get a lot of people joining the board in the next 36 months. Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Yea I quazi agree. I could never plan a wedding under 6 months. That's just asking for insanity and stress lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:August siggy?:[QUOTE]Also, most of these are NWR, are there any WR ones that people want to do instead? Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.....Bouquet or centerpiece Inspiration
    Cake or grooms cake Inspiration
    Invites
    Ceremony Venue
    Dream Honeymoon Destination
    You with a member of your WP..brings up picture privacy for most

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_august-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3094f00d-a47e-4d49-bccc-c887d8033e05Post:dfbe01c0-3f03-47e9-94f9-254fdba118aa">Re: August siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thiink we should keep off on "big" ones like proposal stories & rings until closer to the date.  A lot of people are engaged less than a year and I think we're going to get a lot of people joining the board in the next 3-6 months.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. Wedding venue picture? Picture of your ring?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i say bouquets or jewlry or hair styles
  • I like:

Bouquet or centerpiece Inspiration 
    Dream Honeymoon Destination
    Bridal party lineup (wouldn't need pictures of people but how many BMs and GM and if you will have ring bearers or flower girls. Something like that)
    First dance song or father/daughter dance song
    Something blue/old/new/borrowed ideas
    First Date
    Favorite Date Night
    Where you met your FI
    How long you've been together

July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • "Our song" could be cute. 

Also, I think "Grooms cake inspiration" could be a lot of fun.  Even if you aren't planning on having a groom's cake, you could still do a "what-if" sort of picture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_august-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3094f00d-a47e-4d49-bccc-c887d8033e05Post:64a8ef10-3f79-42d2-864f-503ed4e116ab">Re: August siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"Our song" could be cute.  Also, I think "Grooms cake inspiration" could be a lot of fun.  Even if you aren't planning on having a groom's cake, you could still do a "what-if" sort of picture.
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Lets do the song :) I likes it

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 3 votes for songs :)    Going...going...
  • i vote for SONG!!

2nd choice is either first or favorite vacation with FI :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Just to clarify, is it a song that reminds you of Fi or THEE song you'll be dancing to?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I was thinking either "our song" like, the cliche "this is our song" sort of song or the first dance song, if you know that this early.
  • In Response to Re:August siggy?:[QUOTE]I was thinking either quot;our songquot; like, the cliche quot;this is our songquot; sort of song or the first dance song, if you know that this early. Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]

Maybe ill incorporate both somehow.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • song sounds good to me. . . ours changes quite a bit as we don't have like THE ONE, but rather it has evolved like our relationship. I'll probably go with my favorite. :) 
  • We don't have a song... :-\

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_august-siggy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3094f00d-a47e-4d49-bccc-c887d8033e05Post:711e1eec-067c-4e46-bdea-32f91c2289d1">Re: August siggy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't have a song... :-\
    Posted by garbasaurus[/QUOTE]
    Neither do we, but I figured we could use our "first dance" instead
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Wow this will be a good one.  We have a few songs that are "us".  We haven't made the official decision yet for our first dance but I believe I know what it will be.  Now to decide which one I want to use lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yeah, we have a few songs... our first dance song, "our song" and the song that he played for me the first time he told me he loved me... :) so many options!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards