New Jersey
Options

Renting a PA system

I am getting married NEXT week and trying to deal with a few things that other people were supposed to take care of!  The night before our wedding we have rented a large picnic pavilion (huge actually) and are hosting a catered BBQ for all our guests (80+% are coming from out of town).  We are planning on having music on an iPod playing over a PA system. My FMIL was supposed to bring this down from Boston but now there's an issue with having her rent it for the whole week. Does anyone know of a good place to rent this locallly in NJ? I was thinking Taylor Rental?  I currently live on the west coast but am getting married up in Sussex county, so ideally I can make arragements on the phone for this.  Has anyone rented something like this before? What sort of details did you need to worry about?

Re: Renting a PA system

• Options
    What town is the gathering in? Do you have the cable to connect the iPod to the sound system? If not, you'll need to get that. Are you getting any microphones? If so, you need to let them know wired or wireless. Depending on how many you need, you may need an audio mixer wtih enough channels suitable for the amount of microphones you have and any other audio sources (ie your iPod).

• Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    How big of a pa system? We bought a speaker set with amp from big lots for $30 that you can hear throughout our entire block on movie night
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards