Arizona-Tucson

Wedding Venue Suggestions

So my fiance and I just got engaged on July 23rd and have been togetther for 5 years. We our planning our wedding for oct 12 2012...so I really dont plan on doing any real planing until nest year. In the meantime I am just trying to get some ideas/suggestions on certain things. My main concern right now is WHERE to have our ceremony/reception? Any thoughts? I am planning an outside cermony and the reception indoor or outdor, since the weather should be nice. Not looking to spend a ton of money (something reasonable?). Suggestions?

Re: Wedding Venue Suggestions

• alicynnkalicynnk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Hacienda Del Sol. They have been a pleasure to work with and the place is BEAUTIFUL!!!! There is a great courtyard for the ceremony and you can have the reception inside or outside.

Good luck!
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony and reception at Stillwell House and Garden. You have plenty of options for use of space, since they have both indoor and outdoor areas that can be used for both ceremony and reception or you can mix and match. I am having my ceremony and reception outside in the courtyard, which is gorgeous. They also do in-house catering (it is owned and operated by members of the Flores family, who own El Charro). And they are very budget-friendly and offer lots of money saving options.

They have an open house on Aug. 22 if it looks interesting to you.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same thing--outdoor ceremony & indoor reception.  Tanque Verde Resort Ranch.  Its stunning, in house catering, dj, and they go above and beyond and really work with you in price and the planning.  We're getting married there in March and I can't rave about them enough.
  • talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Jen said (we're also getting married there).  Tanque Verde Ranch is gorgeous and the coordinator is super detail-oriented.  We also liked the Tucson Museum of Art, which has a couple of beautiful outdoor patios and has the downtown location as a plus if you're looking for something more metropolitain.  They don't do catering or anything, just have the space, which is a bonus or a drag depending on what your attitude is towards planning. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at La Mariposa. I consider it my destination wedding in Tucson. It has a pond, grass and trees. I absolutely love it. If you want more of a desert vibe, Saguaro Buttes is beautiful but they book up fast and it's far east too. When I went there in April they were already booked through June 2011 on Saturdays. But it does have gorgeous views too. Good luck. It's a lot of fun
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATULATIONS! :)

I just got married July 16 at Reflections at the Buttes, and it was pretty affordable. 

You really cannot beat the views at their outdoor ceremony site, and the inside of the building is beautiful too, with a pool table and area for the guys to hang out, and a large, private area for the bride and her attendants as well. T

hey include your DJ and catering, so you get a lot of things taken care of at once with them, which is incredibly helpful. 

At least take a tour. They do also book up fast, so it couldn't hurt to talk to them now. 

Let us know what you decide!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• JenniCakesazJenniCakesaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married Sept 3rd at The Z Mansion. They have been amazing in all the details and me not having to do much of anything. I love the place and the people are so nice! I would check it out! Very affordable for us too!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the responses! We are really considering Z mansion but also have wanted to check out reflections. Once we have a day off together we will check them out. Hopefully they wont be booked on the date we want!
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_wedding-venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:7f0cabbe-8296-41d3-adb4-0a817c450fe0Post:f7891658-9d32-4fbf-9321-da53ad371bff">Re: Wedding Venue Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married Sept 3rd at The Z Mansion. They have been amazing in all the details and me not having to do much of anything. I love the place and the people are so nice! I would check it out! Very affordable for us too!
    Posted by JenniCakesaz[/QUOTE]

<div>I just have to ask this because I have heard really weird things about Z Mansion... is it true there is a big family who lives there? I heard it was like 8 people who live there and they are actually present on the wedding day, and that they actually use the children as "staff" for the wedding. I could have gotten bad info, but the whole idea kind of creeps me out... I'm just wondering if there is any truth to it? I already have my venue so I'm simply just curious lol. </div>
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The couple who owns the Z mansion does live there but I have only seen 4 children. We actually used to play ice hockey with his brother so it was funny, Tom and his brother own Gaslight Theater also. We decided not to go with Z Mansion and are having our wedding at Reflections on August 11, 2012 so it can book up fast so I would at least look.

Its 1000 down to hold your date and within a month of the deposit you have to sign your contract and start paying your payments. Ours are $312 a month for 150 people. They can do an amendment if you wish to give them a guest count a year out since like us your wedding is almost 2 years out. We signed in July and I honestly couldn't be happier. They are completely supportive and willing to work with us if my fiance` gets deployed since he is active duty Air Force.

Saguaro Buttes is okay... I don't like the look of their venue because their background is all teddy bear cholla catus and the woman burped in our faces and didn't even say excuse me. Reflections and Saguaro are no longer under the same management so do not assume they are the same people.

If you want to look at Stillwell you will have to call because I emailed the owner twice and she never emailed me back. Tanque Verde Ranch is also beautiful but there is Wild Horse Oasis and Stardance if you like either of those also.
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_wedding-venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:60Discussion:7f0cabbe-8296-41d3-adb4-0a817c450fe0Post:64845a9e-f977-4c21-918d-7c5d7c26d5c5">Re: Wedding Venue Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Venue Suggestions : I just have to ask this because I have heard really weird things about Z Mansion... is it true there is a big family who lives there? I heard it was like 8 people who live there and they are actually present on the wedding day, and that they actually use the children as "staff" for the wedding. I could have gotten bad info, but the whole idea kind of creeps me out... I'm just wondering if there is any truth to it? I already have my venue so I'm simply just curious lol. 
    Posted by jamjar11[/QUOTE]
    -The Future Mrs. Rystrom
  • MVCCWeddingsMVCCWeddings member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!

I am the Banquet Manager at Mountainview Country Club in the beautiful SaddleBrooke community. I would like to invite you up for a tour of the facilities. We have a beautiful Amphitheater that overlooks the Catalina mountains where you can have your ceremony. The clubhouse has a ballroom that can accommodate 300 guests and a rustic dining room that can accommodate 120 guests. We can also accommodate your rehearsal dinner after your rehearsal in our Palo Verde dining Room or one of the private rooms we offer.

We are featured under venues for Tucson here at TheKnot.
    If I can be of assistance please contact me.

April Thompson
    April.Thompson@Robson.com
    520-825-7382
  • edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at Tanque Verde Ranch.  The place is gorgeous and the catering manager there is amazing!  When we were there checking it out for the first time, there was a couple who had just gotten married the night before... both the couple and the mother of the bride raved about what a great time they had and how great Cindy, the catering manager, was to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards