Michigan-Detroit

I'm about to have a panick attack!!

I found out tonight that my Reception hall closed!!! Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise.  I'm going to beat the streets tomorrow and every chance I get to find a new venue.  I can't believe this is happening less than 4 months from our wedding!

Re: I'm about to have a panick attack!!

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Kayla I'm so sorry!!!  You're just now finding out?  Why are they closing?

Good luck tomorrow!  I'll be sending some vibes your way!
  • edited December 2011
    They closed their doors as of 8 PM tonight! They were in Foreclosure. FI's mom called me while I was on my way to a friend's daughter's birthday party that she had heard today.  I thought she was nuts, told her to call her resources again to make sure.  Sure enough an hour later she called me. I went to her house and we drove over there. The owner was there and gave me back my deposit in a check . FI's mom was very supportive. I am so glad she was there with me or I would have gone crazy, I was already crying as is.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have back up locations in mind? What area are you looking in maybe us fellow knotties can give you some ideas!
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • breeamberbreeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm so sorry! You are right though, it MUST be a blessing in disguise. You will find an even better venue, this one just wasn't meant to be. Good luck!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where were you going to have it at?  What is your budget (if you don't mind)?  Right now it is considered off season so you have options of plenty of places that will likely still have openings. 
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Cash that check right away so you can make sure you get your money back and there's no funny business when it comes to your money.

Ugh I'm so sorry.  If you need any help, just let us know!  Have a glass of wine, breath, and relax tonight since there's nothing you can really do tonight.  It will all be ok even though it doesn't seem that way :)  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I was having my reception at Hawthorne Valley Country Club in Westland, MI for 125 guests, 3 meat Family Style dinner with open standard bar but upgarded to include Bacardi rum, Smirnoff vodka and Jack Daniels with Friday's inclusions of Hor D'euevers with added fruit platter, champagne at every table, centerpieces and candleabras on head table. My FI and his best man had a free round of 9 hole golf, I paid extra to have all of the groomsmen and FI's dad to be included to play golf. All was $5400.00.

The venues that we are now considering are:
    Italian American Banquet Center in Livonia
    Joy Manor
    Roma Banquets

He has about 7 other venues websites open but I think these are my top 3.  We are looking to stay in the Westland, Canton, Livonia areas
  • edited December 2011
    i know that you said westland area but wayne is not far from there and our hall is beyond nice for the price and fairly new so not over done.... check out wayne tree manor.... they are great!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    189 were invited image
    66 are ready to rock!image
    28 are party poopersimage
    95 are lost trying to find the mailboximage
    RSVP Date: January 15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh my gosh...good luck to you! Ill be thinking about you, keep us updated!
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • edited December 2011
    OMG  That's so sad!  I'm so sorry to hear!  Have you thought about the Grecian Center?  Check out their website.  It's not too bad, comparable to what you were paying.  Oh, and definitely, deposit that check ASAP!  Good luck. :-/
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    We almost had our wedding there! Glad we decided not to now! So sorry for you though, that sucks!!! We are getting married at Warren Valley Golf Club in Dearborn Heights which wasn't too much more than Hawthorne Valley if you need anymore ideas. Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll find something better:)
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about that Kayla.  I'm sure it will all work out, but definitely not what you needed 4 months out.

Just my 2 cents...but I wouldn't recomment Joy Manor.  I went to a Friday wedding there 2 years ago and wasn't impressed at all.  It was difficult to find because it was set back from the road behind some other buildings.  Once we finally found it, we were not-so-pleasantly surprised to find some bums in the parking lot drinking out of paper bags.  And I just wasn't impressed with the food or the bar staff.  It was the wedding of Andy's neighbors and I don't know all the details, but I know they had issues with the planning of the wedding.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it isn't in the cities you were looking, but it's pretty close and similar to your budget. Try Dearborn Hills Golf Course. We had our wedding there in October and they were awesome. They really took care of us from the minute we had our first consult to packing us up and seeing us off on our wedding night. I really can't say enough about them. If you are interested at all, I have like a gagillion reception pictures of it! Good luck with your search! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, what a nightmare! I don't know that area at all, but trust the knotties, they will help out. Have you looked into Laurel Manor? I know they can handle a wedding that size, just not sure about prices or availability.

I just drove by Hawthorne Vally on Friday after taking my son to the airport.

That is tragic. I'm sure you are not the only bride affected, so yes, deposit that check immediately, and stick with your search.

I'll keep you in my thoughts. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  That is so horrible!  I don't have any suggestions as I don't know the area but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry and I hope you find something new very quickly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know prices, but I have been to a few events at Fox Hills in Plymouth and it was very nice.  It's in the right area for where you're looking.

http://www.foxhills.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry t hear this and it will be a blessing in disguise. I'm sending good knottie vibes your way
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kayla, I'm so sorry to hear that!  Keep us updated - and I wish I had ideas to help you!
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    OMG Kayla I just got on TK and this is totally a surprise. This is what I get for not getting on the computer for one day. I just left from up there and their are signs all over the doors. No one was there when I got there so I don't even know if I can get my money back. I know your wedding is a lot closer than mine is but mine is on a popular date so I am even more worried about us finding a reception site. This sucks they could have at least called us or something.  Who does business like this?
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH, shesheduke, I'm so sorry for you too!!! I'll send vibes your way as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes me to SheShee I'm sending knottie vibes your way and I'm here to help if you guys need it and I pray you guys find the perfect venue soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am sooooo sorry to hear that! I feel so bad for you! That would be hard to handle, but you will make it! I know it's an easy thing to say, but I truely believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Keep your head held high and try to stay positive and everything will surely work out!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Im so sorry tohear about this!!, definitely cash that check first thing!!  Im 4 months out as well and would have a complete meltdown.  Sending many many knottie vibes your way ladies!!  Shesheduke, try to catch up with them asap for your refund too!!  Ughh!! 
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • edited December 2011
    Ack! That is horrible! :(  I wish I knew the area better to offer suggestions.  Instead I'll send through so positive, go-getter vibes.  This happened to me too, but I had over a year to find someplace else.  Even then it was stressful.  I can't even imagine being in your situations. 
  • edited December 2011
    Try Burton Manor too, that is where we are having our reception! The same people also own Roma Hall
  • LoveBird003LoveBird003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What dates are you guys looking for?
  • edited December 2011
    May 7, 2011 for me

Sheshe is 9/10/11 I believe.
  • LoveBird003LoveBird003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you already get your reception hall?
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Sheena and Kayla! I hope you find something that works. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    No, I have not reserved a new reception hall.   Several places I have contacted are not avaialable for my date.

I have a meeting set up with Roma Banquets on Saturday and a meeting with Hellenic Cultural Center on Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards