Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

help! those who have had/who are getting EXTENSIONS (XP)

Also posted this on local board & My Dec '10...

My hair is juuust getting to be almost shoulder length. Wedding date is 12/11/10. I am thinking about extensions cuz I really don't know what can be done with it at this length. Taking Biotin to speed the process which is working but not quick enough.
-Are any of you doing white-girl extensions (lol)?
-My hair is naturally really really stick straight and strawberry blonde and I'm worried extensions won't look right...are you in the same boat?
-How long do they take to put in, how soon before the wedding are you doing it, and how much are you paying?

Re: help! those who have had/who are getting EXTENSIONS (XP)

• I wore clip in extensions for my wedding last weekend.  I have light blond hair and my hair dresser was able to match the extensions to my hair color and then she ordered them for me.  They cost $300.  They turned out really nice.  She ordered 18" long extensions but I had her trim them a couple inches so it didnt look like SUCH a dramatic change.  It didnt take her long to clip in and now that I have more time on my hands lol I am going to try to clip them in myself.  My hair dresser always wears clip in extensions and she keeps them more months close to a year because she takes good care of them so I hope I won't destroy them haha.  The extnsions hold a curl a lot longer than my your own hair so that was nice at the wedding too!
  • I'm completely clueless about extensions.  For the ones using them, are you keeping your hair completely down?  I want them but want to do half up, half down, and I'm worried that you'd be able to see that there are extensions in?  
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I used clip in extensions for my wedding (and E-pics).  I wear them all the time.  They are the Remy Euronext human hair extensions from Sally's and they are $80.  I tweaked my own hair color to match the extensions perfectly.  You can't even tell it's not my real hair.

I did a half up and a good stylist can hide the extensions easily.  When I have them put in professionally, the stylist can always use the whole box on me.  However, I can't use the whole box when I do them myself.

I have PIB of my trial, wedding, e-pics, etc. in both my bios.  I am wearing them in every picture, although I do have a "before" pic in my planning bio in the pics of my trial.  I had them put in professionally for my E-pics, lingerie shower, and wedding.

I looked into the more permanent extensions but here in Dallas they are very expensive--like many hundreds/thousands for the really good ones.  They only last a few months.  They are also very damaging to your own hair which I have very little of.  For the wedding day, you can't go wrong with the clip-ins.

ETA:  I also just had my B-pics done and I had them put in at Toni & Guy and they looked fabulous--even better than at my wedding I think.
  • I might get extensions, but luckily my wedding is over a year away so my hair should grow by then.
  • I just had my hair trimmed (FINALLY rid of the bad haircut!) and if my hair isn't long enough in 8 months to have hair that looks like Stephiehall's, then my sister (who is a stylist) is going to put clip in extensions for me. 

I would definitely make sure that you get real hair extensions rather than synthetics.  They'll be a bit more, but they're more durable and you can style those.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • I had my hair half up/half down for my wedding and my hair dresser did it without showing the clips.
  • I LOVE THEM. You cannot get me out of the house without them now.  I bought 2 different lengths, human hair and just recently had them dyed to match my hair perfectly. No one can tell. I will actually wear both sets for the wedding. Totally worth it.

http://www.hairextensions.com/product.php?productid=112&cat=5&page=1
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards