Florida-North Florida

beach house wedding destin/Fort Walton/Navarre

Hi all,

I'm considering renting a beach house and having the wedding and reception at the house.  We have a lot of family and friends from out of town so it would be good to have a base where most people can stay.  Also we are hoping to cut costs by having catering and doing our own drinks. I'm expecting about 30 guests total.

Does anyone have any experience with a beach house wedding and any recommendations for vendors.  I would love to hear suggestions on houses in the area too.  I'm hoping to spend no more than $2000 on renting a house (for at least 4 nights) and $5000 total on the wedding/reception.

Re: beach house wedding destin/Fort Walton/Navarre

• edited December 2011
    Hi,
      My daughter just got married in April.  We didn't do a beach wedding, but did rent a beach house in Navarre that slept 14, and a few houses down from ours was a house called The Wedding House.  It was located on Grand Navarre Blvd if you want to mapquest it.  It was totally set up for a wedding. We went into the backyard and it had a little dock for the ceremony site and what looked like a lttle tiki bar. It was not on the Gulf Side but was on the Sound Side which actually imho is better because the wind can be a bit calmer and you have more privacy without a ton of peeps walking by.  I'm not sure how much it rents for. I remember that the lots next to it were empty so it was very quiet with plenty of parking.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking into renting a house be prepared to get shot down a lot.  We've been looking into renting a big house for our wedding and a lot have told us they do not allow weddings due to wear and tear, insurance, plumbing, etc.  If you're having a small wedding you may have better luck, though.  We're try to keep it at around 80 and that's been an uncomfortable number for many owners. Also, make sure you tell them it's for a wedding. A lot of times they have their neighbors on watch. We've also been lucky to find a couple people who have been very accommodating when finding out it's for a wedding and have even offered their help on event planning.
  • kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as vendors, I know an amazing photographer! http://sarah-jordan-photography.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Il Paradiso in Destin in October, and they allow weddings. It is not the nicest house (needs some renovating) but it has a perfect location and wasn't too expensive. They also allow you to rent it for three nights, most places I found only allowed a minimum of seven nights. Even though it isn't a huge mansion, it sleeps 20 people and is perfect for what I was going for. Good luck!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards