May 2012 Weddings

The Send Off! What are you doing?

I'd love to do sparklers, but our venue doesn't allow them.  One of my friends said they did bubbles at theirs, and that seems like a good idea. I just don't know where to get them?

What are your plans?
Anniversary

Re: The Send Off! What are you doing?

• Walmart has the little bubble sets super crazy cheap- I want to say maybe 25 for less than $10? Michael's has them too, but their prices haven't stuck with me. I bet they would be super inexpensive at Oriental Trading as well.

We're doing sparklers :)
  • We are doing bubbles and I ordered them from Oriental Trading for really cheap. The bottles are super small (less than 2 inches) but I'm okay with it because it's just for the end of the wedding and not meant to be a "wedding favor"

We were going to do sparklers but figured it would be too much trouble getting them all lit with the amount of guests we are expecting. Plus I wasn't sure giving people fire after 5 hours of open bar would be safe Wink

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_the-send-off-what-are-you-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a0bc734-cbd6-4865-abcd-61869e10ff6cPost:413ebab0-1a5e-4f67-bd5c-289ab09bd8b1">Re: The Send Off! What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing bubbles and I ordered them from Oriental Trading for really cheap. The bottles are super small (less than 2 inches) but I'm okay with it because it's just for the end of the wedding and not meant to be a "wedding favor" We were going to do sparklers but figured it would be too much trouble getting them all lit with the amount of guests we are expecting. <strong>Plus I wasn't sure giving people fire after 5 hours of open bar would be safe </strong>
    Posted by DianaL616[/QUOTE]

LOL! So true. I'll take a look at Oriental Trading.
    Anniversary
  • Nothing special =]  Just not a thing that happens in my area, I've never been to a wedding with a send-off.  We'll just be saying goodbye to all our guests at the end of the night.

But I've seen some cool photos of people waving ribbon wands during a send off.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • i think we'll probably do the glow sticks.  some friends of ours had those at their wedding and it was so much fun!  we all wore them out to the after party and it made for some really cool pictures :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_the-send-off-what-are-you-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a0bc734-cbd6-4865-abcd-61869e10ff6cPost:ec67c6e6-2cfb-4d39-bf69-64d1676394e3">Re: The Send Off! What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing special =]  Just not a thing that happens in my area, I've never been to a wedding with a send-off.  We'll just be saying goodbye to all our guests at the end of the night. But I've seen some cool photos of people waving ribbon wands during a send off.
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

I've honestly never been to a wedding long enough to see one done. I just know my friend did something :/ I figure I'll get something inexpensive so that we CAN have one, but it's not on my list of important things.

I saw the ribbon thing on etsy, but they're pricey!! I'd have to make them if I go that route. It does look pretty though.
    Anniversary
  • We're not doing a send off, as I plan on being the last person standing at the end of the night! :) But we are going to step outside between the 2nd and 3rd band sets and do some sparkler pictures.

I really like the ribbon wand and glow stick pictures as alternative options to the sparklers - they always look so fun in pictures! :)
  • We arent doing a send off. Around here they dont happen. The B&G normally stay until the end of the night.
    Plus we have to bring everything home with us from the venue. So we'll be staying for 'clean up'.

I did once see this kind of cute thing. People stand in two lines facing eachother with their arms forming an arch way. The B&G walk under the arch way. People can drop their arms to 'trap' the B&G and they have to kiss to continue.
    Of course this could take a while if you have a huge wedding and EVERYONE stops you to kiss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_the-send-off-what-are-you-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5a0bc734-cbd6-4865-abcd-61869e10ff6cPost:ec67c6e6-2cfb-4d39-bf69-64d1676394e3">Re: The Send Off! What are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing special =]  Just not a thing that happens in my area, I've never been to a wedding with a send-off.  <strong>We'll just be saying goodbye to all our guests at the end of the night</strong>. But I've seen some cool photos of people waving ribbon wands during a send off.
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]
     This!!  We are staying onsite for the night (it's a B&B Victorian house that's part of our venue) so, we don't have to go anywhere!  :)  I have seen bubbles, sparklers, petals and the ribbons.  I like all of them but lean towards the the petals and ribbons...no chance of fire and not bubble residue on the dress! :)
  • We are not doing anything, in fact I am kinda hoping to just disappear, I dont really feel like entertaining people till late at night on my wedding day, so we will leave probably at least a half hour before the reception is 'officially over', which is going to be pretty early anyways due to noise curfews in the town. My cousins work at the reception site in the summer, so thankfully we dont actually have to do any cleanup till the next day, because the owner said its fine they can get paid to do it the next day.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards