Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

How many entrees?

For those offering single entrees (instead of the double).... how many entrees are you offering your guests, including vegetarian options...
BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: How many entrees?

• edited December 2011
    Ooh! I did stations so this isn't what I did, but as a guest I love to see as many options as possible.  Typically: beef, chicken, fish, and vegetarian.   If you had to eliminate one, I'd eliminate the fish.   
  • edited December 2011
    We had 3 - beef short ribs, chicken and swordfish. We didn't have any vegetarians in attendance, but did have several piscetarians.
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3. I am not offering a vegetarian option, because we do not have any vegetarians coming to the wedding.
  • AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing beef chicken salmon and a vegetarian lasagna since we do have a few vegetarians. My FMIL thinks 4 is too much, but I like options and she isnt paying! Just wanted to see the general consensus... Thanks!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 3 total.  A vegan pasta, beef, and fish.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Our venue limits us to 3 options. I have a vegetarian bridesmaid (not vegan though), so I chose a vegetarian pasta dish, beef & chicken.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_many-entrees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:0dcd83c6-a9a3-41c7-8992-29041c534db9Post:28bc6300-630a-476a-aa3a-74688049a37e">Re: How many entrees?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing beef chicken salmon and a vegetarian lasagna since we do have a few vegetarians. My FMIL thinks 4 is too much, but I like options and she isnt paying! Just wanted to see the general consensus... Thanks!
    Posted by AZMagnini14[/QUOTE]

I think that is fine, people like options.  We are having a beef, chicken, vegetarian and children's option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • peanutty2peanutty2 member
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to offer more options!  We only get 2 though so we're doing chicken and vegetarian. I think what you're doing sounds good, people like variety :)
  • blush64blush64 member
    edited December 2011
    I am only doing a chicken and vegetarian. (they offer vegan but we don't have any)

More is great but not something we were able to do.
  • edited December 2011
    I did beef,chicken,vegeterian, and kids meal
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't rule out meat-free options just because you don't have vegetarians coming.  If it's delicious, who cares?  I am a carnivore big time. I love me some meat. But if my options were, say, baked chicken or some sort of risotto/lasagna without meat, that would be a real contender!  I think "vegetarian dishes" just have a bad rap from years of people neglecting them and picking something lame.  =(   

Sorry; off the soap box.  I just took day 2 of the Bar so forgive me for being a tad wacky. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're allowed three different main dishes; two will be beef and chicken dishes.  We're anticipating at least two vegetarians and two vegans, so I imagine we'll go with the only listed vegetarian-sounding option (risotto with mushrooms/spinach/fresh corn) as the third.

If the risotto's made with animal products, we'll have to choose a different third option and/or try to cobble together enough vegetarian/vegan food from the hors d'oeuvres, antipasto table, chafing dishes, stations, and intro courses to make up for the main course.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing three: one vegetarian, one beef, and probably one fish (although the fish option could be replaced by chicken after we go to the tastings).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're having pork, chicken and vegetatrian filo pastry rolls. We did have to get everyone to pick their option in advance and almost every guest has come back saying that the food sounds so good they had trouble picking. Feel quite relieved because we had to whittle it down from about 17 options to start and the venue was pushing for us to make everyone have the same thing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards