Florida-South Florida

ahh man....

so I got our slideshow and proofs in of our e-pics. I love them but can not post them on Facebook b/c its just a slideshow and I don't know how to do it. Our e-pic session was free with a $500 credit for prints and an 8x10 is $90, not an issue but I want to be able to put them on FB and email them and whatever but in order for me to get the rights to them I need to buy the rights for $500, what would you do?
My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ahh man....

• twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lacey, I think $500 for rights is pretty average. I met with a few photogs. a few months back as part of a photog. package that was part of my old venue, and when I asked them about rights to all the pics., $500 was the average cost.

I say, if you really want the rights, pay for it. But if all you're going to use them for is FB, and you're not actually going to print a good deal of them, maybe the $500 isn't worth it.

GL!
  • Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Stephanie, I will use them to print them sorry I should of said that lol, so I will get use out of the rights then.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then def. go for it. I know rights are a must on my photog. list.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah part of the reason why I went with Ashley and not Karen Lisa was because Ashley gave me printing rights and Karen didn't. Karen gave me zero rights, whatsoever. Like, if I posted a picture on facebook and cropped it, she could sue me. Rights are really important. 

Are you going to be using them for your guestbook? If so, then I'd definitely say to get the rights, because you'll use them. I may also be doing small books for my parents with my images, so that will be useful to have the printing rights. 

Tough predicament, but I know having the rights would be important to me. 
  • edited December 2011
    if you LOVE them, like really love them, buy them without a doubt :)
     if you are not crazy about them, dont waste it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agree with pp post. how did they come out??? :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards