Military Brides

military first dance song.

are there any or any good  ones?
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: military first dance song.

• edited December 2011
    Idk about military ones.. but we met in a Starbucks ( where I was working at the time.. although I wasn't working at the time :P )

So this is our song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ess2qlVHl6E
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:e3d6360f-dc11-424b-89d0-759cac12c6d0">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Idk about military ones.. but we met in a Starbucks ( where I was working at the time.. although I wasn't working at the time :P ) So this is our song: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ess2qlVHl6E" rel='nofollow'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ess2qlVHl6E</a>
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm considering that song</div><div>
    </div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    Some Suggestions I considered after doing some googling:
    Right here Waiting- richard marx
    whereever you go- the calling (beautiful especially if hell be leaving again)  
    Tim McGraw & Faith Hill - It's Your Love
    no envy no fear- joshua radin
    you-fischer
    come home- one republic

shedaisy-come home soon is an INCREDIBLE deployment song. not really appropriate for a first dance.. but i felt it was worthy of mention :)

If nothing else, just go listen to them.. a lot of them I fuond from watching tv shows and had to google them bc they were so pretty. Wishin you luck on the search!
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Because FI is generally in the air, our first dance song, our song, is "When you come back Down" by Nickel Creek. I originally wanted to fly the AH-1 when I finished college, so we didn't think our relationship would make it because being a Marine some day is more important to me than anything else. When I decided to apply ground, this song had even more meaning for me, because FI was supportive of my dream, even if it meant we couldn't be together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng5-VUDcjJ8

ETA: And actually, sort of hilariously, we chose this song because we didn't rush our wedding/marriage. Despite the fact that I can't follow my dream until we get married or break up, we both put our love for the military and its rules above our own selfish desires. I could have joined as soon as I graduated and kept seeing him on the side, behind the backs of the Marine Corps, etc. But that would be not only illegal, but morally and ethically abhorrent. So it means a lot to us to finally get married, without rushing, and without lies, and at the ripe old ages of 26 and 28. I got married at 20 OP, it wasn't a good idea. Sure, I "loved" him. But that should be the ONLY reason to get married, not a background reason. I learned the hard way. Hopefully you two can grow and evolve together, rather than growing up and growing apart.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about the song Life after you by daughtry?
  • edited December 2011
    My friend's first dance song was:

Feels like home-Chantal Kreviazuk

Photobucket
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love Feels like Home!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:0d3f219b-0fcd-450f-84e9-65a5144cf60e">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Feels like Home!
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

<div>Her first dance definitely brought tears to EVERYONE's eyes.  But then again this song makes me all emotional anyway!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm deleting my song because I don't want it getting tainted at a bratty entitled PPD.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:ec9ee49f-03f6-4576-9c27-f3e2d8773c83">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours was Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callet.  Not necessarily for the military, but I loved it and I think the lyrics are definitely appropriate.  I had told H this would be our wedding song long before we even got engaged.  The opening lines are: Do you hear me, I'm talking to you Across the water across the deep blue ocean Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying Boy I hear you in my dreams I feel your whisper across the sea I keep you with me in my heart You make it easier when life gets hard
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI and I were talking about using Lucky!  But I think we've somewhat decided on using "Then" by Brad Paisley. I'm sure it might change though by the time we actually get married!</div>
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    It's real cute that you're having a first dance song for your "wedding".
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:e2c33549-343c-4e8a-b401-662740e9f9a3">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's real cute that you're having a first dance song for your "wedding".
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    Isn't it? <div>
    </div><div>this actually is just for us. In our house together alone with no one else</div>
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Beachy and Sam- I kind of heart you both.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:2002690a-2d54-4dea-a926-30e2943fdc12">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: military first dance song. : My FI and I were talking about using Lucky!  But I think we've somewhat decided on using "Then" by Brad Paisley. I'm sure it might change though by the time we actually get married!
    Posted by greeneke2[/QUOTE]
    Ours is then by brad paisley too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:ec9ee49f-03f6-4576-9c27-f3e2d8773c83">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm deleting my song because I don't want it getting tainted at a bratty entitled PPD.  

<div>
    </div><div>Love this. I don't think I want to share ours either. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    ooook I often agree with a lot of you guys on pretty much everything .. but that's just a litlte childish... Just sayin'.. and now you all are probably going to hate me for saying that.. but it is.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:053bccab-a48e-4c75-92ca-60e3b8c4b938">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooook I often agree with a lot of you guys on pretty much everything .. but that's just a litlte childish... Just sayin'.. and now you all are probably going to hate me for saying that.. but it is.
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>It was a joke.  And I was clearly already quoted so she can obviously still see the song.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've always felt that Jason Mraz "Lucky" is very suiting for a military couple.

Our song is Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars", but I don't think that'll be our first dance song.  We'll probably go with Michael Buble "Everything"

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:54a10c51-c574-4ffc-8bf1-5d140cef1a22">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I've always felt that Jason Mraz "Lucky" is very suiting for a military couple. Our song is Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars", but I don't think that'll be our first dance song.  We'll probably go with Michael Buble "Everything"
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>I loooove Michael Buble!  When FI was deployed I always listened to all of his songs and they always just made me calm (I love "Home", "Lost" and "You and I") His voice is just amazing!</div>
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:54a10c51-c574-4ffc-8bf1-5d140cef1a22">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I've always felt that Jason Mraz "Lucky" is very suiting for a military couple. Our song is Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars", but I don't think that'll be our first dance song.  <strong>We'll probabh Michael Buble "Everything"</strong>
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]ly go wit

<div>Love that song!  It was the wedding song of one of my really good friends/BMs, so I didn't want to steal it.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    omg yes snow patrol that is so awesome haha
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what happened when I quoted you.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:bc3f6782-fc77-4ea5-b733-15a3280d35b4">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no idea what happened when I quoted you.  

Haha and here I was trying to figure out what "ly go wit" meant!!! I clearly have been sleep deprived since I procrastinate going to bed alone the last two nights.

Michael Buble always makes me smile.  It's silly, but when I get really upset about something, one thing that always calms me down is slow dancing with FI.  He just turns on a song, and I dance on his toes like a little girl and we sway back and forth and hum or sing along and just hold each other.  When I lost my job, that was the song FI put on to dance with me to get me to stop crying.  It was just so perfect, and every word just made me hopeful and happy to be with such an awesome guy, no matter what other challenges were going on in my life that he would always be my rock and the person to keep me balanced.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    GGirl-I heart you too!!! I'm sending you a PM in a min..

Beach-I feel like you could be my sister. Older and wiser, just as fluent in sarcasm and i adore you for it.

Calindi-"Everything" is my favorite song everrrrrrr!!!

First-I'd rather be "childish" in your opinion, than a liar in my families opinion.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sami- those are two very different things you are comparing... dnbeach was teasing/joking...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:e2c33549-343c-4e8a-b401-662740e9f9a3">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's real cute that you're having a first dance song for your "wedding".

Oh you should see her all around the boards posing about the "wedding" in Sept. smdh
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:ec9ee49f-03f6-4576-9c27-f3e2d8773c83">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm deleting my song because I don't want it getting tainted at a bratty entitled PPD.  

Great idea! I also helped her  with an idea out with her ducks.
  • edited December 2011
    Being a childish liar? OP is being a childish liar by lying about her marriage in order to defraud the military, so she can have insurance. She wants to lie about her marriage to her family and friends because she "doesn't want them to remember her JOP" and she doesn't want to "take away her grandparents seeing her get married" which she is doing by having a JOP in the first place. I'm sorry if it makes me childish that I get my panties in a twist when I see someone willfully commiting fruad to the military service that has done SOOOO much for me and my H, the military that I proudly served for 4 years.. I'm sorry that it pisses me off that we have so many selfish brides on this board that bring this sh*t up every other day. I'm sorry if it makes me childish that it bothers me that other SM are so willing to completley abandon thier core values. So be it. I'm childish, because I'm not like other posters who just say "Whatever makes you happy". I guess I'll just have to find a way to sleep tonight knowing that You think I'm childish.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:85b68f5a-0ae3-47e7-aa50-e0e6b1d31829">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: military first dance song. : Isn't it?  this actually is just for us. In our house together alone with no one else
    Posted by KendallR10[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is, Clearly, you are so okay with lying, that you're even lying to yourself..  How sad..

WTH would you make a post titled "military first dance song" and then say "it's just for us. In our house together alone with no one else. Maybe this for your JOP marriage, the one you're going to lie about to everyone you care about (although you must not care very much about them) or is it for your "wedding" with your sheet cakes for everyone else because they're not good enough to know the truth about you and your marriage, or eat your 2 tiered cake?
    Photobucket
  • ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_military-first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:078d6ca9-7895-411c-a055-19ea9158a2b8Post:c9a4378b-ddf8-4a22-aae1-47d55872ac1a">Re: military first dance song.</a>:
    [QUOTE]GGirl-I heart you too!!! I'm sending you a PM in a min.. Beach-I feel like you could be my sister. Older and wiser, just as fluent in sarcasm and i adore you for it. Calindi-"Everything" is my favorite song everrrrrrr!!! First-I'd rather be "childish" in your opinion, than a liar in my families opinion.

Sam-I didn't get a pm???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards