Wedding Woes

Ethical question

So Wal-Mart has this promo that if you order a photo poster through them, you get a free one.  I ordered.  I got the coupon for my free one.  I ordered the freebee and got another coupon for a free one.  I ordered that one and now the third freebee coupon just came.  At what point am I stealing?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ethical question

• And...just got the 4th coupon. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since it's Wal-Mart, never?  J/K

Is this promo code coming via e-mail?  If so, I think I'd respond and give them a head's up that they're giving away a lot of photo posters and they need to fix the glitch.  If they do nothing about it, that's their problem.
  • At no point is this stealing, IMO.

• Yes, via e-mail.  I order my freebee and a new coupon shows up within a minute.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ethical-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:59cbc348-9759-4456-a620-eb6dcbf83179Post:2cb0326b-6b13-4816-ab18-a5b43265b8fd">Re: Ethical question</a>:
    [QUOTE] Is this promo code coming via e-mail?  If so, I think I'd respond and give them a head's up that they're giving away a lot of photo posters and they need to fix the glitch.  If they do nothing about it, that's their problem.
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see.  I agree with mrs.conn, then.
  • Sounds like great christmas presents to me!  I don't think it's stealing, they are sending them to you.
  • Oh c'mon.  This is just like Carann's BS w/Target and the carseat.  They've made a mistake and it IS taking advantage.

The ethical answer is the first extra one.  Whether or not you care is a different story.
  • Please remember they keep sending them to you.
  • So, what are you doing with all these posters?
  • The e-mail is no-reply.  I tried to do customer service chat and it is just a computer that thinks I need help placing my order.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ethical-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:59cbc348-9759-4456-a620-eb6dcbf83179Post:719ade5e-f72a-4028-97e9-b09e97b994b0">Re: Ethical question</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, what are you doing with all these posters?
    Posted by AuntFlo[/QUOTE]
    I bet they're all of Jon Hamm.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ethical-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:59cbc348-9759-4456-a620-eb6dcbf83179Post:e6c063cb-55d6-44ed-b458-3f6098043875">Re: Ethical question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ethical question : I bet they're all of Jon Hamm.  :)
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Zoomed in on his "package".  LOL!
  • Yeah???

Are you getting all Kim K, and have a room full of your own photos?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_ethical-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:59cbc348-9759-4456-a620-eb6dcbf83179Post:1e842fa0-7ece-4db3-b3fc-cbd8a266d9ab">Re: Ethical question</a>:
    [QUOTE]The e-mail is no-reply.  I tried to do customer service chat and it is just a computer that thinks I need help placing my order.
    Posted by zsazsa-stl[/QUOTE]

Is there any links in the footer of the email that says something about replying or getting in contact with customer service?

And boo to them for having live chat but no one on the other end of it.  What's the point then?
  • In the meantime I will be ordering enough posters to wall-paper my house in Jon Hamm's face.  (yes, just his face you dirty birds)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd just call the local store and let them know.  What they do from there is up to them. 
  • She's playing "pin the junk on the Hamm".
  • Ha!  I posted my Jon Hamm before seeing that you guys had already brought him up (<---dirty).  We know each other so well!

Actually, this is for my sister's 40th birthday.  After the embarassing things I have done for each of my sisters' birthdays, I will need to hide out in D!ck Chaney's bunker when my time comes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unfortunately, it isn't impacting some nebulous entity, because corporations don't work that way.  They take losses through cutting employee wages, benefits, exporting jobs oversees, and opening sweatshops where they employ children.

So yeah it kind of is an ethical question to take advantage of a large company, even one as gross as WalMart. :(
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards