Snarky Brides

Morning?

Re: Morning?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:ef0413bd-5e5c-45f8-ae46-0160ccf2f67e">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning? : WTF. Do we know WHY this dude left with so much money?  And tough shiit.  Unless it's different there than here, it is illegal to not pay your employees on their pay day, so that owner/boss whoever better be ready to write some personal checks.  How many people work there that $2,000 is making that huge of a difference.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

It's a verrrrry small company, like maybe 8 employees, most of whom are probably illegal Polish immigrants.  And?  They insist that the guys are "private contractors" even though they treat them like employees. 

Also?  I totally read that the fire was at a candle factory.  Durr.  Burning candy probably smells like crap.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We never get snow days :(. But, we do get hurricane days. Those aren't very fun at all.

It used to piss me off at school when people were excused from class because they were too hungover from a game the night before (any football game party, not just the SB). But when others were actually sick and not being irresponsible, it wasn't acceptable and counted against you.
  • Good morning!  I'm in a fantastic mood!  I just got home from an appointment with a new ophthalmologist and holy wow was my experience amazing.  The guy was freaking awesome.  I'm going to talk it over with H tonight and I think I'll go with him for my surgery.  The doctor I saw is the one who would be doing the surgery and he will be the one I see at every single pre and post op appointment.  Happy dance.  He made me feel so comfortable and I walked out of there feeling 200% better than Wednesday.

Weekend plans:  I'm going this afternoon to have my hair chopped off to the length I've been working towards for over a year.  I'm so freaking excited about it.  And Sunday we're going to Jax for BILs birthday/watching our 4 year old nephew try to play basketball.  It's one of those leagues where there is no loser and they don't keep score.  I don't really like that but whatev, we're going to watch him have fun.

Have a great day, ladies!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:0d357149-dd24-4a35-a2a4-150f66c8364d">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man. I just realized I forgot to put on deodorant this morning. Ew.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Haha I hate when I do that.  If I switch up my routine at all I will forget something like that. 
    panther
  • edited February 2012
    Ha, Chels.  I did that a few weeks ago and was so mad at myself.  I could only tell because I didn't have that deodorant scent.  I told H that I'd have to go home before going to the gym and he was like, "No you don't."  I told him as much as I biitch about poor gym etiquette and people going to the gym with no deodorant, I sure as helll do need to go home and put some on first!  He thought that was funny.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm going to have a morning of pampering before work......okay pampering may not be the word I'm looking for.  Hair cut and styled, eyebrows and stache waxed and a day early weigh in at WW.  I am convinced that the reason my hair does not look good no matter who cuts/styles it is because my head is irregularly shaped.

We're supposed to go out tonight to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch hockey with friends.  I'm not a big fan of going out that late and eating, esp after being on my feet for 8 hr shift, but H really wants to go and he and I have been in a funk lately.  Well, more accurately, I've been in the funk for months and he's starting to get a little frustrated with me.
  • Sir Whisky humbly requests a visit, shay. Provided you don't mind his messy abode.
  • omg...I am having a rough go this morning.  

Raynes - that sucks for Derek - does he do plumbing? We might need one.

We have some sort of leak going on, luckily it is leaking into the overflow drain, nothing is getting ruined, but I don't know if my DH can repair it (we pretty much only have one idea of something to try - beyond that we are screwed).  Of course it is behind a tiled bathtub...never good.  All I see are dollar signs and what little savings we have right now going down the drain. Since it isnt ruiining anything all we are losing right now is water. But if we don't fix it we can't sell. So we have to fix it (we would fix it regardless obviously).

Sigh.  So I ate my stress away this morning - I had breakfast AND then I had a blueberry bar at Starbucks. And I am eating that the Keg tonight (that's a steakhouse for you Southerners) - I got a huge gift card for xmas from a student, tonight is time to spend it - and eat lots of calories too since nothing there is healthy. Literally, nothing.

I had some small piece of good news to share. I can't for the life of me remember it, I am so overwhelmed by the stress!
  • And Dot......best wishes for today!
  • My hair dresser is on mat leave (has been since like august) and I just found out she's taking saturday appointments starting on the 18th. You bet your ass I booked one, I need a haircut BAD!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:e4d4f97a-94e4-4afa-9acf-7ab1c2fbe560">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sir Whisky humbly requests a visit, shay. Provided you don't mind his messy abode.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>ha ha I'll text you.  I'm not sure what time we'll be getting there or the plan for the day.  H's fam never really has a plan, which is frustrating...</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    WTF guys.  I just found an inch long (blonde, thank God) hair on my forearm.  All the other hairs are teeny tiny, except for this one.  What.  The.  Fluck.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:690787c6-eac2-4cd6-a1a3-559389a606c0">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]WTF guys.  I just find an inch long (blonde, thank God) hair on my forearm.  All the other hairs are teeny tiny, except for this one.  What.  The.  Fluck.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>At least yours is on your arm. I have a white one on my cheek, close to my nose, that is white and at least 3/4 of an inch. Weird.</div>
  • I found one like that once on the side of my jaw (like underneath). It was really thin but like over an inch long. Mortifying.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:2e417d84-28e5-4e6a-bca1-a5b55218f7f0">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning? : ha ha I'll text you.  I'm not sure what time we'll be getting there or the plan for the day.  H's fam never really has a plan, which is frustrating...
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I shall clean the house just in case.

I actually don't even know what we're doing on Sunday. I'm assuming I'll be home and H will be working.
  • Shay I'm so glad to hear it went well! Did he have anything to say about your experience with the other doctor?
  • numbers, sadly, plumbing is not part of his repetoire.

also?  I checked out your pics on LP last night and damn girl, you're lookin' good.  I felt sort of funny looking at pictures of you in your underwear, but you've done an amazing job.  Also?  Get a more supportive bra!  :P
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:72cd2c5e-04f9-4e0f-8257-d8afa8c05f1c">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning? : At least yours is on your arm. I have a white one on my cheek, close to my nose, that is white and at least 3/4 of an inch. Weird.
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Oh I have one of those.  Except it's black.  I pluck it every month or so.  It's like this long, gnarly whisker.  Thefuck.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:02a4a550-56e7-4ead-bbcd-fee88fe8b73e">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]numbers, sadly, plumbing is not part of his repetoire. also?  I checked out your pics on LP last night and damn girl, you're lookin' good.  I felt sort of funny looking at pictures of you in your underwear, but you've done an amazing job.  Also?  <strong>Get a more supportive bra!</strong>  :P
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>ouch!  Does it look that bad?  Don't feel badly about looking at me in my undies - I put them up there and frankly, I wear less at the beach.  That being said, I didn't pick the most flattering bottoms - I have the smallest, flattest but ever but those managed to make it look fat. Oh well. </div>
  • I have 2 black course hairs-one that sticks out of my neck, and one at my collarbone. They truly are mortifying.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited February 2012
    PS - Shay, I'm so glad you found a lasik surgeon you trust.  That is so important especially after what you've been through!!
    panther
  • Sounds good, Sesh!

Chels, well I didn't want to bad mouth the other practice to this one; I just felt like that would be super awkward.  So, I just gave a brief description similar to, "I went through a consult and pre op with another practice, was scheduled for surgery, I never had a chance to meet the surgeon prior to my surgery date.  When I arrived for surgery I was told I was not a candidate despite being told that I was at two prior appointments.  I would like a second opinion from you please and thank you."  

He was dumbfounded that the original surgeon said I wasn't a candidate.  He could honestly not figure why he would say that.  He said I was exactly what they look for in a candidate, and they did a boatload of tests and measurements today too, so it wasn't like that was a surface judgement.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:ce2d95ad-44ac-430a-a953-cd67abf7721e">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found one like that once on the side of my jaw (like underneath). It was really thin but like over an inch long. Mortifying.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I have a long black one I have to keep an eye on and I yell at H if he doesnt tell me it's there. It's like the wicked witch.

Tomorrow H and I are going for pedicures. I cant wait, my feet are so gross.

Then to Home Depot to pick out paint for the foyer. We've decided to do small jobs around the house that we can do ourselves, before we are ready to gut the master bath. And it gives us something to accomplish during the winter, cause lets face it who wants to do that when its summer.

Sunday I will probably start my newest craft while H watches the SB in another room. I really dont care for sports.

Shay- So glad you had a good experience. I read your thread after it was over, but I felt like driving down there and junkpunching that doctor, how dare he touch you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have a mole on the right side of my face, and it has crazy peach fuzz and one long black hair that grows out of it. Makes me feel like a witch. I'm very self-conscious about it.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:ce2d95ad-44ac-430a-a953-cd67abf7721e">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found one like that once on the side of my jaw (like underneath). It was really thin but like over an inch long. Mortifying.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

There and under the chin are popular places for the strays.  I pluck them; sometimes the plucking lasts for a month or so but sometimes it's back right away.  Worst is when I check all over in the mornings before I head out the door and there's nothing there.  I get to work and have a look-see before patients arrive and there it is again.  It grew in that short time period.  Ah, better to find it sooner than after people have been looking at it for hours and wondering why that lady doesn't do something about the hair growing out of her chin.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:ce2d95ad-44ac-430a-a953-cd67abf7721e">Re: Morning?</a>:
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I have one of those too. It's annoying. I always end up plucking it.
  • I would kill to only have one mole on my face. I have three left (two removed) that are large, plus smaller ones. One of them has hairs that grow out of it. Hate it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-82?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5214ef1-4d1f-4053-b2b9-dbd01c7dfd93Post:3343bf2e-8ee8-4cf7-af1f-1dd9d67ad495">Re: Morning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds good, Sesh! Chels, well I didn't want to bad mouth the other practice to this one; I just felt like that would be super awkward.  So, I just gave a brief description similar to, "I went through a consult and pre op with another practice, was scheduled for surgery, I never had a chance to meet the surgeon prior to my surgery date.  When I arrived for surgery I was told I was not a candidate despite being told that I was at two prior appointments.  I would like a second opinion from you please and thank you."   He was dumbfounded that the original surgeon said I wasn't a candidate.  He could honestly not figure why he would say that.  He said I was exactly what they look for in a candidate, and they did a boatload of tests and measurements today too, so it wasn't like that was a surface judgement.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Well wtf was the other surgeon drunk or something then?

I'm really glad that you got better answers this time!
  • Edie, that makes me sad about the candy place. My two "must stops" in Canonsburg are Sarris and Noochie's. 

TGIF and good morning. Work has been so freaking busy lately and next week is going to be HELL. I just printed my calendar for next week and I have 31 hours of meetings already scheduled. I have no freaking time to actually work. two more weeks until vacation, two more weeks until vacation, two more weeks until vacation 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kd, I love you!  I was really glad H didn't see him do that because I'm 99% sure H would have punched him and the night would have ended drastically different.

What is your new craft??  I made a sunburst mirror out of cedar shims last weekend.  I still need to get a hanging kit for it though so it's sitting on my dining room table.  Craft fail... ha

I have a blond hair that will grow to about an inch before I notice it in my fvcking eyebrow!!  I feel so gross when I find it ha.

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards