June 2012 Weddings

Music for Special Dances

FI and I are meeting with our DJ Friday afternoon and we still have quite a few dances that we have not picked songs for. The main 3 we need are: Father/Daughter Dance, Mother/Son Dance, and the Bridal Party dance. I would like the dances with our parents to be on the slow/sappy side, but the bridal party dance can be more upbeat and fun. What songs are you dancingn you? Any suggestions?

Re: Music for Special Dances

• My father/daughter dance: Remember Me This Way by Jordan Hill

Unfortunately FMIL is no longer with us so we do not have a mother/son dance. We are not doing a bridal party dance but a wedding I was in last summer used the song Accidently In Love by the Counting Crows.  

Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • My father passed away but my brother and I are dancing to a song in his memory; love without end amen, by george strait.My FI and his mom are a bit more on the humorous side and they are dancing to Mama Tried by Merle Haggard (not my choice) =-) My bridal party is doing Sexy and I know it by LMFAO, the groomsmen won't dance. bummer.
  • My father daughter song is My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. FI does not want to dance with his mom so he's not. 
  • Father/daughter dance:  Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. 

FI and his mom will be joining us on the dance floor half way thru the song.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're not doing a bridal party dance.. I've seen them done and it's always looked awkward to me.

FI/FMIL = A Song For My Son by Mikkie Vierick (I reaaaallly don't like this song)
    Father/Daughter = When We're Together by Mark Harris (song in Courageous that the little girl tries to get her Dad to dance with her to).
  • We are doing the mother/son and father/daughter dance together and the song is "I hope you dance" by Leanne Womack

We aren't doing wedding party dance.  I think they are awkward
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're just doing the Father Daughter and Mother Son dances (we don't really have a bridal party- it's just my sister and his brother).

My dad and I are dancing to "More I Cannot Wish You" from Guys and Dolls.  The lyrics are just too sweet.

FI and his mom are dancing to Moonlight Serenade (she chose it).  All very classic, but we feel quite timeless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards