June 2013 Weddings

WHATS YOUR WEDDING BUDGET?

Not to get too personal but whats everyones wedding budget? Our flash ceremony at Buckingham Fountain downtown Chicago is $Free.99 but as for our reception....we're looking at roughly $5000...
****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown

Re: WHATS YOUR WEDDING BUDGET?

• I'm not sure of our actual budget. We're just trying not to go too crazy. It'll end up somewhere between $15-17K all said and done I think. And that's for everything, including the honeymoon, mostly. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're doing the same as cnf, just trying to keep it within reason. Our parents have collectively commited around 18K, but we're working hard to stay a couple grand under that. We're also paying for stuff like the honeymoon, my dress, decorations, paper goods, postage, and other odds and ends ourselves.
  • We never set a budget, but we are trying to spend as little as possible.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are fortunate enough to have some help from parents. FI's parents are generously giving us $5K towards the wedding. My mom is giving us our honeymoon....so we're just taking spending money for that. We're planning to use about $5K-$10K of our own money. So all together about $10k-$14K for the wedding.
  • This topic always makes my stomach turn LOL

I am always so envious of how the costs vary greatly for weddings everywhere but where I live!

Out budget is 50k... But we'll likley be closer to 60K I'm sure with honeymoon and a couple other splurges. (Our venue alone is 30K)

And we're paying for it all ourselves lol Fun times!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Our budget is around $25,000
  • We are still in the planning process but it's looking like  25k atm. Parents haven't offered to help and we feel that number is crazy with us wanting to buy another house so we will see what happens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our budget including the honeymoon would be around 20-25K. My parents are paying the majority of it, which I am extremely thankful for, FI's mom is paying for the photographer, and we are paying for our bands and the honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We never really set an exact budget. Much like others have said, we are just trying to keep everything at a minimal cost. I think in the end, we'll end up spending around 8-10k. Thankfully our parents are helping us out, and we are paying for the rest.
  • MedStudent13MedStudent13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    My parents are paying for the "party" which basically means cost per head for food, since they are inviting waaaaay more of "their" friends and family than my FI's family and my friends, so I'm not really sure what that cost is, and my FI and I are covering everything else. I'm trying to keep my buget for dress, flowers, music, and rentals etc. around 10k, and our honeymoon around 3k
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our total budget including Honeymoon and rings will be about 23k. My parents are giving 10k and his are giving 4k. We are paying for everything else so about 10k. Our Honeymoon is almost 5k though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is right around $3,000. 
    White Knot
    June '13 January siggy Honeymoon Destination
    Indian Head Resort White Mountains New Hampshire
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whats-your-wedding-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:be6af079-9016-469d-b0ce-7b59f9b38418Post:535a9792-be02-42fa-805a-cd0c5766be4b">Re: WHATS YOUR WEDDING BUDGET?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our total budget including Honeymoon and<strong> rings</strong> will be about 23k. My parents are giving 10k and his are giving 4k. We are paying for everything else so about 10k. Our Honeymoon is almost 5k though.
    Posted by ygymnast1[/QUOTE]

I <u>always</u> forget to include rings in the budget (even on my insanely detailed, 3 tab excel spreadsheet). Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to add it in to my spreadsheet now under the "things we're covering" tab, haha.
  • ummm - Ceremony, cake, food, reception rentals, DOC, DJ and Flowers are running about 12K, officiant 1K - (parents are paying for almost all of that, FI and I are paying half of the officiant fee)

my dress was $900 (parents paid for that), rings we're thinking ~600 (we cover that), STDs were $22, invites and RSVPs will probably be ~$30 (i have groupons for all that) - so total almost $15K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whats-your-wedding-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:be6af079-9016-469d-b0ce-7b59f9b38418Post:ecaebe65-570f-4616-a907-dd8841f16af3">Re: WHATS YOUR WEDDING BUDGET?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This topic always makes my stomach turn LOL I am always so envious of how the costs vary greatly for weddings everywhere but where I live! Out budget is 50k... But we'll likley be closer to 60K I'm sure with honeymoon and a couple other splurges. (Our venue alone is 30K) And we're paying for it all ourselves lol Fun times!
    Posted by sssdee[/QUOTE]

<div>I hear you! Sometimes I feel the same way because it seems that the prices I'm seeing in my area (Los Angeles, CA) are inflated just because it's LA! Whatever!! </div><div>
    </div><div>We never really set a clear budget either but are thinking it's going to end up around $30K. Our venue all inclusive and covers; ceremony, cocktail hour and reception spaces, all chairs, tables, linens, tableware, glassware, catering, bar, servers, bartenders, day of coordinators and parking. The cost for this venue is $15K + tax. My Mom is paying for half and we are paying the other half. </div><div>
    </div><div>My Mom has also paid for my dress, veil and headpiece. I will be paying for my under garments and shoes. My fiance is paying for his suite and shoes. </div><div>
    </div><div>The deposits for the photographers, florist, uplighting and specialty linens were covered by my Mom and we (fiance and I) are paying off the balances. </div><div>
    </div><div>My FIL's are hosting (paying for) the Rehearsal Dinner. They are also contributing to the wedding... going to cover the band (hopefully 100% but not sure yet). FMIL has expressed desire to help pay for the cake. FFIL has offered to help pay for our honeymoon. </div><div>
    </div><div>We are paying for our rings ourselves. Fiance has mine almost paid off. I have yet to even purchase his. </div><div>
    </div><div>Haven't coordinated officiant, car service, hotel accommodations for wedding night, or day of beauty expenses yet either.</div>

Anniversary
  • edited October 2012
    We started off with a rough idea of $20k. My mom is paying for my dress and veil and my grandfathers girlfriend is paying for the cake. With that taken out the rest will be around $27k which we are doing ourselves. That does not include our HM. FI parents are paying for the RD.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing our best to keep our vow renewal to under $5,000, including our rings. It hasn't been too hard just yet. Thankfully, we live in a cheap area for this kind of thing. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_whats-your-wedding-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:be6af079-9016-469d-b0ce-7b59f9b38418Post:0520cfe6-fd09-4af8-b58e-769af899f77f">WHATS YOUR WEDDING BUDGET?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to get too personal but whats everyones wedding budget? Our flash ceremony at Buckingham Fountain downtown Chicago is $Free.99 but as for our reception....we're looking at roughly $5000...
    Posted by aquari0216[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of a "flash" ceremony. Is that anything like a flash mob? If so, that sounds like so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • My first venue in Chicago was around 3K...the one we settled with at 90 ppl and all inclusive is at $4k.....our current list has 180 ppl and we're expecting around 140 of that....so we'll see how much in the end...I bought my dress from Australia for $163....OFF THE INTERNET....and was very blessed with the right amount of room to alter seeing as the day before Id been watching Dave Tutera say to never do that lol....but Ive been getting a lot of financial blessings...no help yet though...and in reference to my FLASH wedding...we just told everyone to show up at 3...wedding begins at 315

• I'm still confused about this flash wedding. Our doors open at 4:30, and our ceremony begins at 5. I don't understand how it's any different from any other wedding. I'm honestly just curious and confused about the whole concept. Do your guests not know it's a wedding? Is it at some random public place like a flash mob, just appear, do your thing, and disappear? I need to know to satisfy my curiousity. haha
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're looking at about $25,000 for ours. FI's parents are covering about $15k of that for the venue, which includes the venue rental fee for ceremony and rececption as well as the food and alcohol. They also have close friends that are in a band and one who's a photographer so they're doing our wedding for free. FI and I are coming up with the roughly $10k additional we need which is basically dress, cake, flowers, favors, invitations, rings and honeymoon. We may need as much as $12k to accomplish those things but I'm trying my best to keep it at 10.
    September Signature Challenge - Fave sports team

My planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Apologies maybe I used the wrong term....everyone is well aware of the wedding date time and place....maybe "flash" wedding is the wrong term....thing is im not sure if the buckingham fountain actually costs...dont think so but not even allowing the option so everyone knows the time to meet and we will have a quick ceremony....in addition to the fact that parking down there is expensive the longer you stay and i dont want everyone to worry about it.....there may also be some double parking and police dont like that lol!
  • I don't include the rings when I think about our budget, but I guess that makes it $40,000. It seems ridiculous, but the food and bar is $16,000 alone! People better like it. For the actual wedding and reception, the goal was $25,000 but we did some calculating with my parents and there's no way to keep it under $30,000. We have no idea what to do or where to go for our honeymoon...I want to go somewhere awesome, but I'm so terrified of flying! Poor FI.
  • I agree about not including the rings in the budget. My FI and I are getting our rings around Christmas time so they are our "presents" to each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our is about 10,000. That's twice what we originally budgeted, but that was when we thought we could have dancing at our church. Half of that is our reception alone. That's not including rings. No matter what we did or where we got married, we would need them. I'm hoping I keep it closer to 8,000, but I keep doing these little "splurges" and I know those are going to add up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are planning for 20K but I feel like it will be around 25/27K makes me nervous lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am glad someone asked this question lol I was dying to know what other brides to be were really considering spending! We are trying to stay under 50k we are at 46k right now and have basically booked everything for 200 people. We are paying for everything ourselves with 2k promised by my Grandmother that's it :/ what happened to the good ol' days of parents paying for the wedding?! Those days are over I guess lol
  • About  $11 500

When we first did our budget using a wedding planning book, the rings weren't included! Somehow the makers of that book completely forgot about the rings as well then one day I was talking to a friend about my budget and had a lightbulb moment of "oh crap, the rings!"

So we added another 1k to cover those. I'm looking to get the matching wedding band to my engagement ring, so the rings won't be too expensive.

So far everything is coming in under budget, got my dress, booked the venue, photographer and dj.
    Think the food is going to be the most costly thing we'll be paying for.  ~ 100 people x $30 a plate.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards