Military Brides

Would you wear it?

I was at the mall with my fiancée and we saw a shirt that said. "I should be a 5 star general cause I can make my soldier’s privet stand at attention." I was kind of dumbfounded while my fiancée was laughing so hard he started crying. Would you wear that shirt. I am still kind of in shock so I don't know what to think.

Re: Would you wear it?

• KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way, some things are not appropriate to talk about in public, let alone broadcast. 
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never. I find that incredibly inappropriate. Not only is that something that shouldn't be broadcasted to the entire world, I think it's pretty disrespectful to drag the rank system into something so crass. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother got me that for my birthday.  I returned it, obviously.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Eww. No.  Very low class.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

That is foul.  No, I would not wear that and I would think poorly of anyone who did.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I laughed when I read it but would never EVER wear it.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the sort of stuff my boyfriend's father buys me - not quite that crass, but bumper stickers like, "I have a Marine, and I know how to use him" and tshirts that say things like, "I love my crazy badass Marine".

I wear the shirts as pajamas or to the gym, and throw the bumper stickers out.  I have a small classy USMC sticker on the back window of my car, and that's about as much branding as I want.  I support my man and the USMC, but I don't have to wear it around all the time.  And I DEFINITELY don't ever want to wear anything that's crude like that!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    i would be really annoyed if i was asked to wear that. if you arent comfortable wearing it then tell him so. i personally think it's trashy and disrespectful.
  • edited December 2011
    I also laughed when i read it. If your man thinks it's funny then just wear it around the house when it's just you and him. If you want to wear it out then do so. I think it's funny and would probably wear it around the house. I don't know so much wearing it in public. I wouldn't want people to think that I am trashy. Believe it or not, we Military women are a reflection of our Military men. But at the end of the day, it's still your decision.
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards