May 2012 Weddings

Anyone completely and utterly obsessed with the wedding?

When we finally set a date, I already had the dress picked out, the colors, the colors for the attendants, the parents of the bride and groom, and grandparents, the favors, and a bunch of other stuff. But now, im ready for the fun stuff like acquiring the reception hall, going for tastings, taking photos and all that other stuff.  I feel like im just too obsessed, like i need to calm down so i can actually enjoy the process.

Anybody ready like me?

Re: Anyone completely and utterly obsessed with the wedding?

• I was at first but now it's calmed down some... I am sure once I hit my 1 year mark it will start again... It's normal though...
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I also was at first.. but I've been engaged for 9 months now, so its calmed down a bit.
  • I was at first as well but now that we have all of the "big" decisions made, I'm trying to relax a little.  There's a lot of time between now and next May (thought I know it will start to go by fast).  I think its normal.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YES! I've had so many people, especially at work tell me I need to calm down and stop stressing out. I think once I finally start getting stuff done (I've decided on lots of stuff but all I've really reserved is the reception place) I'll hopefully calm down. At the same time though, it'll probably get worse as it gets closer!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • i am right there with you.  i am TOTALLY obsessed, but obviously this is normal.  i think it is just that we are so excited.  i mean, this is something that every girl dream about and it is like our own fairytale is coming true.  who cares what other people think, it is your day and you can obsess as much as you want. it will more than likely calm down though, as i was the same way, and i am still excited, but i have dialed it down a little bit!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am obsessed with everything being perfect. I know it is normal though. We have every right to feel like this.
  • I was... then relaxed a little but like PP's I'm sure once the one year hits I'll be a nut case again :)

Photobucket Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-completely-utterly-obsessed-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:2868719b-78fb-49ec-9e73-cec187233edbPost:425f07c1-ee1d-4e4f-a889-e35837c95384">Re: Anyone completely and utterly obsessed with the wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also was at first.. but I've been engaged for 9 months now, so its calmed down a bit.
    Posted by FutureMrsSheeler[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Lately, I've been the opposite. I haven't been here too often, I don't watch my wedding programs anymore and don't spend all day (and night) online looking for centerpieces. It's like I got sick of myself. I'm trying to get the spark back though lol.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was at first as well, but I calmed down once I got all the big stuff out of the way, now I just kind of brain storm every now and then and in a few months I'm sure I'll be crazy again!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards