Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

GTA Area Knotties?

Mandeeh and Fischeeh are going to be here NYE through January 5th. Excluding New Years Eve and Sunday the 2nd, is anyone interested in a get-together?

Re: GTA Area Knotties?

• Options
    I think so far DNB and Sunrise said they were game...and maybe Loopy?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    We're doing it on the 2nd right?  I thought... isn't that when Loopy can make it?

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Any which day works best for you?

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, a Saturday or Sunday would be the easiest for me.

ETA: Weird Mandy, I didn't even see that before posting.
  • Options
    ::pokes fingers in ears and whistles and sings lalalalalalalalalala::
  • Options
    Cry

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I am so full of jealousy. SO. FULL.
  • Options
    Why is there a superfluous T in GA?
  • Options
    Ahahaha Jawjah. I had to think about that one for a sec.
  • Options
    OMG, Mandy and Fishy are going to be in Toronto?  I HADN'T HEARD.
  • Options
    Okay, so Sunday the 2nd would probably be good for Anysunrise then?  Just sucks cause we're doing the Niagara thing that day.  You said it's pretty far,  yes?

I think we have plans on Saturday the 1st.

Do you get the Monday the 3rd off in lieu of NY Day?

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gta-area-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e7e7df56-b228-4012-8a9f-c8663749e788Post:94f18035-0a8a-4c0c-9c6b-cdbd5429b6c0">Re: GTA Area Knotties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, so Sunday the 2nd would probably be good for Anysunrise then?  Just sucks cause we're doing the Niagara thing that day.  You said it's pretty far,  yes? I think we have plans on Saturday the 1st. Do you get the Monday the 3rd off in lieu of NY Day?
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of, but I can ask for it. A weekday isn't a big deal, I just work a Saturday instead.

Oh wow, Niagara is not nearly as far as I thought it was. I'm good for wherever now.
  • Options
    Niagara kinda sucks.  Go to Niagara on the Lake instead :)

Niagara Falls was kinda anti-climactic.  And cheesy.

• Options
    Um... niagara? *waves*
  • Options
    yeah we're going to niagara on the lake moosey! 

okay, so what time can everyone be there for?

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gta-area-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e7e7df56-b228-4012-8a9f-c8663749e788Post:311d2c65-a8c5-468f-9382-1acc43d5fe62">Re: GTA Area Knotties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah we're going to niagara on the lake moosey!  okay, so what time can everyone be there for?

I need 4 hours of driving time, but if it's on a Sunday I'll just stay at a friend's place in TO the night before.

ETA: I don't know much about Niagara, we're not crossing the border are we? Cause yeah, I uhm, kind of can't go into the US.
  • Options
    YES NEBB. NIAGARA. TO. BE THERE!! :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    What and where are you doing in niagara?
  • Options
    We can do NOTL if you want. Maybe Nebb knows, I've never been there in winter, only to the falls themselves. I do NotL in summer mostly, for the wines.
  • Options
    Ok, let's ask the important question. WHERE DID JIM AND PAM GET MARRIED?!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

Alix, I'm just happy to be there.  I don't care what or where we go. 

You could take me to a car factory and I'll be so happy it'll look like I slept with a hanger in my mouth.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gta-area-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e7e7df56-b228-4012-8a9f-c8663749e788Post:72df1cb1-6c3b-4b05-98ce-a445acc391d0">Re: GTA Area Knotties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, let's ask the important question. WHERE DID JIM AND PAM GET MARRIED?!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Uhm... Uuuuhhh...?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gta-area-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e7e7df56-b228-4012-8a9f-c8663749e788Post:17de8adc-d388-423d-958a-a3d2af4ae666">Re: GTA Area Knotties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alix, I'm just happy to be there.  I don't care what or where we go.  You could take me to a car factory and I'll be so happy it'll look like I slept with a hanger in my mouth.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Ugh.  I keep forgetting that it's winter.  I know, I just need to look out my window, but I prefer my little world of denial.

I still think niagara on the lake would be cool in the winter.  Niagara Falls will still be cheesy. 

• Options
    Im in! Niagara Falls or Niagara on the lake is more than fine for me. Niagara on the lake is far easier to manage, navigation wise, than the falls though - especially in the winter. Its a nightmare finding parking depending on where you are going, it costs a fortune. The falls are just beautiful in the winter though, hopefully they will be a bit frozen because they look the best that way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_gta-area-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e7e7df56-b228-4012-8a9f-c8663749e788Post:bc4ca151-d893-41b4-8223-516e85e6ddce">Re: GTA Area Knotties?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh.  I keep forgetting that it's winter.  I know, I just need to look out my window, but I prefer my little world of denial. I still think niagara on the lake would be cool in the winter.  Niagara Falls will still be cheesy. 
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

The falls are actually awesome in the winter. In the summer it's SO touristy (not that it isn't in the winter) but when they freeze over and <em>everything </em>is covered in sparkly layers of ice it's kind of gorgeous, especially with the lights at night.
  • Options
    Can I just say that I'm still a tad grumpy that I didn't get to meet Nebb when I was out there?  Or Alix, but she already knows that.

• Options
    YES! Nebb is in, too!

This is the best trip ever.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Nebb, Christy has requested the falls so we're definitely going to see those. Where do you suggest we have a early afternoon lunch g2g? I'm thinking you know Niagara better than I do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards