Destination Weddings Discussions

My first and only CHECK!

I booked my wedding venue after 4 months of tedious research!!  Ocean Key Resort in Key West is where I'll be getting hitched - 4-20-12!

So, what do I do now???  Haha!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My first and only CHECK!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_first-only-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:23e8fa4c-a660-4bf9-82ca-36b164c20c4dPost:ade9e611-70a2-464c-9612-a45fbc5ca012">My first and only CHECK!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked my wedding venue after 4 months of tedious research!!  Ocean Key Resort in Key West is where I'll be getting hitched - 4-20-12! So, what do I do now???  Haha!!!
    Posted by EmilyL113[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>WooHoo! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • WOO HOO!!!  Now the fun planning can start! :)  This was my hardest decision to make, I was so glad to get it out of the way.  I would suggest maybe looking at some bios to give you a to-do list and you can sorta start from there to see what you can accomplish now or plan when you can get it accomplished!

I'm sure some of the Key West brides will have some insight at all!!!!
  • Great check!  That is a biggie too!  Now you get to start working on all the small stuff. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_first-only-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:23e8fa4c-a660-4bf9-82ca-36b164c20c4dPost:71ca5f84-b3f5-48d0-ba43-efbd53c6fe0a">Re: My first and only CHECK!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOO HOO!!!  Now the fun planning can start! :)  This was my hardest decision to make, I was so glad to get it out of the way.  I would suggest maybe looking at some bios to give you a to-do list and you can sorta start from there to see what you can accomplish now or plan when you can get it accomplished! I'm sure some of the Key West brides will have some insight at all!!!!
    Posted by Kayla&Brian412[/QUOTE]

THIS.  You need to start researching your look to the wedding you want, random things you like, what you don't like, start putting together inspiration boards or folders, then you can start piecing together the details.
  • Clearly I love this check because I am obsessed with the Ocean Key!!! I am pumped on the date too...4-20 is the date we got engaged:)

I would say the next biggies to confirm would be musicians and photography, and also a day or coordinator if you choose to hire one:)

Congrats lady!!
  • TOO FUNNY on the date Michaela!  You know I'll really be stalking you now for help!  In fact, you have an email from me sitting in your inbox now haha! I just hung up the phone with Julie's assistant; think I'm definitely gonna book her for day-of coordination!  Good lord, I wish I could afford her for full service coordination - she sesems amazing!  I just wanna show up and get married and not have to do any work!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: My first and only CHECK!:

Congrats on finding a location! Once you start figuring out all the details, everything will start coming together :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • That's awesome!!!!!!!  Good luck w/ all the fun stuff now.  But I'm w/ the ladies, start thinking of the "look" and "feel" that you and you FI want, and work from there.  If you have or are hiring a planner, you might want to look into that now too (I saw that you might be hiring someone).  Our planner was a lifesaver, and she set up all of our meetings w/ potential vendors.  It was great!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  Big check!!! Now the fun begins.  That was my hardest decision so far.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards