Arizona-Tucson
Options

Anyone going to the bridal show at tcc this Sunday?

FI and I (and maybe one bridesmail) will be going, but only for a couple of hours (we have a cake tasting at noon clear across town).  While we have most of the big stuff taken care of, I'm hoping to at least get coupons for cakes (since we'll be done with all our tastings by wed.) and maybe get an idea about transportation. 

Is anyone else thinking of going?  Just for fun, or are you looking for something specific?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone going to the bridal show at tcc this Sunday?

• Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are going. I went to the one last January, and we actually have most of our big stuff done. But the biggest reason I want to go is because we have not been able to get a hold of any bakeries and we are getting really, really frustrated. Every other day we make phone calls and send emails to Busy B and Village Bake House, and no one will return our phone calls. We got one email back from Busy B saying to call them to set up an appointment. Half of the time they leave their fax on. Its so annoying! We only have a couple of big things left to do, and we have been waiting for the chance to do cake tasting for 6 months now, but when we finally have the chance, we can't get a hold of anyone! Argh!

So anyway, venting aside, I am hoping to squeeze past the crown at the Busy B booth and try and talk to someone. Thats my main goal. Also I would like FI to get immersed into the wedding world a little more. He didn't go to the last one with me, and he's still very clueless lol. 

So, if I can ask, what bakeries are you having tasting at? Any suggestions? 
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the one in January too, just to get an idea of what was out there (we hadn't even chosen a venue yet!).  Now we're just tying up loose ends (I hope).

Bummer about the bakeries... I haven't had that experience at all.  I made all my phone calls last Monday and Tuesday (left a message at Busy B's on Monday when they were closed, and they called back Tuesday).  We're tasting at Village Bakehouse, Busy B's, and Ambrosia.  I was least impressed with Ambrosia on the phone, but we'll see how it goes (their cake might be delicious, who knows?).  I don't remember seeing Village Bakehouse at the bridal show in Jan, but I've heard good things about them.  FI also doesn't actually like cake, so we'll be doing a smaller cake with several pies, and VB looks good because they could take care of the pies too (rather than asking FMIL to bake the day before the wedding!). I dropped in at Maribelle's when my mom was in town for dress shopping and we happened to be at Plaza Palomino, and they totally blew me off.  So not even considering them anymore.

Anyway, good luck!  I know what you mean about being busy, we've also finally carved out a little time for wedding planning.  PM me if you want to hear my opinions on the tastings after Tuesday. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have eaten at Village Bake House and their food is amazing. Also, I had a little piece of some wedding cake from them at the Stillwell House's little open house and their cake seems really fantastic. I finally get an appointment with them, thank goodness, but not for 2 weeks. Argh. Still have yet to get a hold of Busy B. Haven't tried Ambrosia yet because I know its more expensive than the others in town, but I may have to at least give it a shot. I have also heard really bad things about Maribelle, so I'm not even going to try there. 

Thanks for the help! Have fun at the expo and with all your tastings!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards