Chit Chat
Options

awkward with the ex wife--welfare, drugs, kids

deleted by author, thread getting nowhere with question

Re: awkward with the ex wife--welfare, drugs, kids

• Options
    Who has custody?  I'd say your husband could make a case for sole custody if he can prove the fraud and drug use. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First of all, the Jehovah Witnesses part is none of your business.  She is allowed to practice whatever religion she likes, and it is rude to judge her on this, IMO.

However, the rest of this bothers me because of the children involved.  I would talk to Child Services.  I would also try to get custody if I were your husband because a drug addict should not be raising a child.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_awkward-ex-wife-welfare-drugs-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d2be6976-2b5e-4758-8e60-79016cfd6774Post:8eb01a2a-344c-42b7-af37-bdccafc529fd">Re: awkward with the ex wife--welfare, drugs, kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all, the Jehovah Witnesses part is none of your business.  She is allowed to practice whatever religion she likes, and it is rude to judge her on this, IMO. However, the rest of this bothers me because of the children involved.  I would talk to Child Services.  I would also try to get custody if I were your husband because a drug addict should not be raising a child.
    Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]

She makes it our business by taking the kids to it (they don't want to go) and telling them that anyone <em>not</em> a Jehovah's Witness is going to hell. That includes me and their father. This is also her latest religion du jour, the last two were catholicism and wiccanism. i see meandering from one religion to the next in a typical addicts misguided search for an external fix to an inside problem while dragging your kids along for the ride to be more than bad manners ..yet you have sussed me out as rude, not her.
    Did you even see the rest of my post?
  • Options
    I agree with PP, you need to stay out of the religion thing. She IS their mother and can teach them what she chooses to. Pretty much my entire family are JW except my mom and dad who were excommunicated. I do not agree with the religion but it is their choice. A lot of people in that religion are "set in their ways", some call it brainwashed or whatever. I am in no way saying what she is doing is right but it is her choice to teach them this. You should do some research on the religion to try and better understand it before you attack her.

On the other hand, she sounds like a horrible mother and you should contact someone to try and get the children removed from that toxic situation. If you have proof of the drug thing they you and your H should do everything in your power to remove the children.

Sorry you are in your situation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_awkward-ex-wife-welfare-drugs-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d2be6976-2b5e-4758-8e60-79016cfd6774Post:82427856-b112-48e8-9287-05cf5924af58">Re: awkward with the ex wife--welfare, drugs, kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who has custody?  I'd say your husband could make a case for sole custody if he can prove the fraud and drug use. 
    Posted by mysticl[/QUOTE
    we've just been sorting through the money and work schedules to see what we can do and when we can do it. I've worked as a noncustodial visit supervisor  before, and it's never a slam dunk,  not even with cases way better than ours, unfortunately.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_awkward-ex-wife-welfare-drugs-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:d2be6976-2b5e-4758-8e60-79016cfd6774Post:aae3d5f0-552b-4901-82da-86512ba67b6e">Re: awkward with the ex wife--welfare, drugs, kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with PP, you need to stay out of the religion thing. She IS their mother and can teach them what she chooses to. Pretty much my entire family are JW except my mom and dad who were excommunicated. I do not agree with the religion but it is their choice. A lot of people in that religion are "set in their ways", some call it brainwashed or whatever. I am in no way saying what she is doing is right but it is her choice to teach them this.
    uh, what? it's not right but it's her choice? What?

You should do some research on the religion to try and better understand it before you attack her. Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]
    please reread the bit where she's telling them anyone not a JW is going to hell... Maybe to you that's all right, but not to us, as we are among her idea of the hellbound. No, she cannot teach them whatever she chooses, whether it's JW, wicca, catholicism, etc. not when she says it teaches that. She can believe whatever she likes, but that particular bit of BS needs to be kept to herself.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but her religion really should not be the issue here.  Everything else in your post is way more important than her religious beliefs.  And yes-believing people go to hell is a religious belief.  I understand why it upsets you but her drug habits and getting this girl out of that house because of drugs, not religion, should be your #1 priority right now.
  • Options
    No one quoted the original post?  
  • Options
    Darn, I didn't.  OP's husband has an ex wife who does drugs and lies a lot.  She has a step daughter involved who is being deeply impacted by this.  Ex wife has recently become a Jehovah's Witness and is teaching her children her religious beliefs including all people who don't think like them will go to hell.  OP seemed upset when we told her to focus on getting the child out of the drug situation rather than on ex wife's religious beliefs. 
  • Options
    OP- there are very few people on late at night.  Had you left it up longer, you would have been given more responses and perspectives.  But, since you deleted it no one can help now.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Thanks for the recap, I gathered as much.  I just take it she wasn't getting the responses she was looking for (obviously).  I can't help but think that she was beyond exaggerating, but alas, we'll never know.
  • Options
    I can see your problem with the religion aspect of this, but you should really be focusing on getting her out of there since the mother is an addict. That being said, getting a child taken away from her mother is an extremely hard thing to do. Around here you pretty much have to give them concrete evidence that the parent is a drug user before they will even make the parent take a drug test. Crappy, I know, but its the reality. I had a friend go through this and the only reason why he got sole custody was because the mother didn't show up for her final court date. Maybe if you pursue it, you will lucky and this will happen as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards