Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake for cutting?

For those of you who aren't doing traditional wedding cakes (cupcakes, cookies, dessert bar, etc.), are you still planning on having a small cake for cutting and "first bites"?
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Cake for cutting?

• edited December 2011
    We had a dessert bar, and we did not do a cake cutting.  We didn't really care about the tradition or photo op, and, looking back, I'm glad we didn't interrupt the dancing any more than we did for parent dances--people were really enjoying the music. 

I did get two caketopper banners from an Etsy vendor to put on the two small cakes on our dessert bar. 
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do a "traditional wedding cake" either, what we did was have a cake on each table as part of a centerpiece.  For the lead table, we had a larger cake (pics in bio) and we cut from that cake for the first bites before serving the rest of the table.
    panther
  • edited December 2011
    We're hasving cupcakes for the guests and a small cutting cake for FI and me to cut.  There are also desserts in the buffet, but I really wanted cupcakes and cake.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had individual wedding cakes for each guests. We didn't care about the photo opt or tradition.  When we finished dinner we ate our cake.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, we're having a small cake for cutting in addition to the cupcakes for guests.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are having cupcakes at our wedding and plan on feeding each other one for the photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards