Nevada-Las Vegas

In Suite Brides - Staying/Night before

Hi,

Are any of you/Did any of you plann on staying in your insuite the night before or just staying in the same hotel and moving themorning of the wedding?

Thanks,
Jolene

Re: In Suite Brides - Staying/Night before

• edited December 2011
    I just moved rooms. BUT. My wedding was later in the day (6pm), so there was more flexibility in my time frame before I needed the room set up. I think if it is possible try and have the room the night before, but if it's going to stretch the budget to much, moving rooms can be done :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the suite for the night before the wedding as well.  Made things much less stressful for the wedding day, and we used it to host the M&G and "rehearsal" lunch as well, which saved us a bundle.  More than balanced out the higher cost of the room.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    I am staying the night before and the night after.  I would worry too much about setting up the morning of if we didn't have it the night before.  And I have a feeling that the day will seem rushed as it is, so what I can do ahead of time will help with piece of mind.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, these are some good options.  Totally didn't think about using the suite for the RH and M&G the day before.  Or we could get something on the same floor since our wedding isnt until 6:30.

Next question, when did you actually have the food and cake delivered?  After the wedding was over or before the wedding started?
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting it the night before, but now that Stinker mentions here ceremony was at 6 and it can be done, switching rooms, it  makes me question the two nights.  However, I take long to get ready when I'm getting ready for something important, so I'm not sure I want to be majorly rushed, and I don't want to have to get up super early that day either.

So now that I've just talked myself back into the two nights:)

Not sure on when the cake will be delivered though, but I want to say Scott at MC said the food will probably be delivered at like 7:30, and our reception will start at 8:00.
  • edited December 2011
    We had the Vista suite for the night before and the night of our wedding.

As far as food deliveries, the cake was delievered at like 2:00ish or whatever their latest delivery time on a Saturday was. My dad went down to the lobby to get it. The food was delivered right after our ceremony. 2 of our friends were asked to go straight to the room to let the delivery guy in after the ceremony. Our wedding was at 7:15pm. It all worked out fine.
  • bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked the vista Suite for the night before and the night of.  I don't like to be rushed, so that was the main reason but I am bringing someone in to do hair/make-up and will be using the suite for that.. and a cocktail reception after the wedding.  We will also be doing the M&G in our suite... so it is serving all sorts of purposes and saving us a bit of money too by having such a space!
  • edited December 2011
    We also booked the V suite for the night before and the night of.  I don't want to have to go back to the reception desk to check in while wearing my wedding dress haha!  I thought it would be a good option to get ready there as well. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards