Connecticut

Lord Thompson Manor

Hello Ladies, I visited the LTM last year and fell in looooove with the venue. I am from NYC so I am unfamilar with that area in general, I was wondering if any of you knotties have had or attended a wedding at the LTM? I was a bit worried about guest finding the place okay and hotels that could be used by OOT'ers. However the owners were very sweet, knowledgeable. Both the main property and the sister property were amazing. I guess I am just trying to see if what my gut tells me is correct, that I should throw caution to the wind and go for it. Thanks ladies for any insight you may have.(I love this venue b/c they are a one wedding per weeking place, and I feel that our families and wedding party can have a relaxing and intimate time with both myself and my +1)

Re: Lord Thompson Manor

• edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there in April and can't recommend it enough ... Full review plus pics in my planning and married bios.

For a hotel, the holiday inn and suites in Dayville is about 10 mins away and right off 395 so its super convenient for guests ...
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Although I've never been to a LTM wedding, I actually LIVED in Thompson throughout my HS years. The neighbors that have gone say it's beautiful. The only thing is that Thompson is small. There's not much there itself so it's hard to book rooms for OOT. The closest places are Putnam (town right over), Killingly/Danielson, and... Webster, MA and Oxford, MA right over the line. GL!

Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • kirbysmomkirbysmom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter was married there last February and her wedding was wonderful. The Manor is unique, elegant, and warm, and the service and food do not get any better. Jackie was a dream to work with. I can't say how highly I think of  The manor. You will have an unforgettable and amazing wedding there. if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Pam
  • chelleleechellelee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI i am a makeup artist who is getting married and did a wedding last year there, and stayed for the ceremony and reception, it was beautiful and the bride got ready right upstairs in a gorgeous suite, If you don't mind being split up during the dinner than I think it's a great place, the food was excellent and staff was very nice :) good luck.... www.designsbychelle.org
  • DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Lord Thompson Manor is so unique and very charming.
    I've seen photos of a wedding done there in sepia, so vintage!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards