Colorado

Warning -- Do not book your wedding at D&B Ranch.

We originally contacted this venue (located in Divide, CO) about having our September 2013 there. We were emailed a "Basic Wedding Package" which included a list of services and included items in the package. The quoted price was $2,000. We set up a meeting, went to the venue and loved it.

A few weeks later, my girlfriends were visiting from Oregon and we planned a visit to the D&B. When we met with the coordinator and owner, we were given paperwork that stated the "Basic Wedding Package" was $3,000. I immediately addressed the price discrepancy and was told, numerous times, that they would honor the first price we were given.

After an exhausting venue hunt, my fiance and I decided that the D&B was where we wanted our wedding to take place. I contacted the coordinator and asked for a contract. Two days later, I received an email from the owner (an EMAIL, not a call) stating that the original proposal I was shown was out-of-date and they were going to take too big of a cut if they allowed it. I was then emailed later this evening and told that the "Basic Wedding Package" would now be $4,500!!!!!!!!

So, without going into any additional detail, I wanted to share this as quickly as possible in case anyone else is considering this place. I would hate to see any bride trust the most important day of her life to these dodgy business practices. Shop on, fellow brides!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Warning -- Do not book your wedding at D&B Ranch.

• The $3,000 to $4,500 price jump would bum me out, but honestly, since you hadn't signed a contract, they don't have to honor any of the prices that you had been quoted. It is the contract that holds that price and services. Sorry to be a downer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards