Pennsylvania-Central

Bachelorette Ideas

Hi!

I'm trying to help plan a bachelorette get together in the York area around the end of June, but I don't live in the area anymore and I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas. The bride doesn't wanna go out to the bars, but would like something small and fun, besides just going to dinner. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Re: Bachelorette Ideas

• edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with the York area, but here are my ideas...

A cooking class. If someone is willing to host, you could hire a private chef to cook and/or teach.

A make over night with a professional make up artist.

Host a simple cocktail party that doesn't require getting smashed at bars.

A show! What about a musical/play. There are a bunch of venues around. Theatre night is always more fun with the girls anyway.

Vineyards are all over the central PA area. Have fun sampling wines.

Make it a themed party. What does the bride to be love? It could be anything from a  Mad Men or Sex and the City theme to 80's pop icon theme. Have everyone dress up and serve food and drinks to fit the party. I love an excuse to dress up...I'm such a dork :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Laserdome in Lancaster (?)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking for my bachelorette party of renting a big limo and going to the wineries. The limo that we're looking into is about 1200 but holds 20 people comfortably. If everyone throws in 60$ it'll be paid for - and I feel like they'll be getting a good deal too for a day of relaxation. Might be a nice idea if your bride likes wine.

• edited December 2011
    I'm about 1/2 away from York Pa in MD, and my sorority did a pole/chair dancing class at Xpose Fitness! Afterwards we went out and drank. Just an idea! :)
  • edited December 2011
    do a black velvet party, bring all the girls in have a professional make-up artist and stylist make everyone over and everyone gets sexy and glamorous photos done in their own mini session, have snacks and champagne, plan the whole event in the studio, or after your done and all dolled up go hit the town looking fabulous and like supermodels: http://www.couturemanor.com we do them down in PA for almost all our brides, but I'm sure you can find a studio in NYC too, or we can travel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards