Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding guests from Hell

Re: Wedding guests from Hell

• You did look Beautiful!  Dont let this ruin your relationship with your inlaws.

Now me on the other hand.  I can be pretty spiteful.  I would make thank you cards out of their special photo's.  Send the card with a nice little message on the inside.  It could go something like this:
    "Thank you so much for attending our wedding.  You added something "special" to the most important day of our lives.  We appreciated all you did so much, you inspired our thank-you cards.  We thought your presence would have been our present, but clearly your vagina was"
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Blueyed, that's not only spiteful but it can come back to bite you BIG time.

Never put in writing what you don't want others to see. 
  • Blue eyed,

We aren't letting THIS ruin our relationship with our inlaws, the things they have done to us since we've gotten engaged, the things they did to my husband his whole life, those things have affected our relationship. I could seriously write a novel on the crap these people have done to their son and to me. They have serious mental issues. His mother has threatened to kill herself three times in the last four months. His father is a big bully, we have voicemails saved on our phone of my husband's father threatening to come over and kick his own son's arse. When my husband called his father after getting the pics developed, his dad started screaming at him telling him he was an ungrateful peice of sh$t and how dare he say anything bad about his friends. This was just the final straw for both of us.
  • I mean I like Blueyed's idea.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Blue eyes,
    I must admit in a drunken moment one Saturday night, I found the crotch lady's facebook account and sent her a scathing email  :)
  • OMG   Why are people so disrespectful.  What kind of people are the inlaws to have friends like that?  I am sorry
  • Oh wow. I'm so sorry that they ruined your reception - I feel so bad for you guys. I would have been mortified.
  • Fortunately this doesn't reflect badly on you, but on them. I'm so sorry your memories are sullied (isn't that a great old-fashioned word?) by this video. Did you have a nice chat with the videographer, as well? I would think that anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together would know better than to film shitty content like this for a wedding video.
  • The "fun" part for me was going back to work and hearing about all the things that were said and done to my coworkers. I was so embarassed. I found out crazy lady went up to one of my black coworkers and made some racist comments. Crazy lady's husband went up to my mom's boss and told her "if you'd put your tits away I'd stop staring at them". They pretty much went up and started to molest anyone who even tried to get near the dancefloor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-guests-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:beb61313-7227-433e-81db-29928940b32cPost:71fe2ee4-e161-4b43-ba04-451959d1c112">Re: Wedding guests from Hell</a>:
    [QUOTE]You did look Beautiful!  Dont let this ruin your relationship with your inlaws. Now me on the other hand.  I can be pretty spiteful.  I would make thank you cards out of their special photo's.  Send the card with a nice little message on the inside.  It could go something like this: "Thank you so much for attending our wedding.  You added something "special" to the most important day of our lives.  We appreciated all you did so much, you inspired our thank-you cards. <strong> We thought your presence would have been our present, but clearly your vagina was"</strong>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Hehehe.
  • Oh and the videographer didn't put any of the antics on my offical video. He said at the time he wasn't sure  if this stuff was OK with us, like you never know what the bride and groom might have wanted captured. He gave me this video as an extra because we asked for it. We wanted proof of what was going on since the inlaws were deying it all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-guests-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:beb61313-7227-433e-81db-29928940b32cPost:25accf54-4dbb-4714-820d-863ee3d6880f">Re: Wedding guests from Hell</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding guests from Hell : That's just bad. You should make an album of them for your ILs, if they like their friends that much.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Agreed, make them an album of all the nasty photos her friends took!
  • Wow that just blows. I do like the idea of you getting 10k from AMF and them getting nationional humiliation though :)

It also didn't help that people were laughing and encouraging (with cat calls etc) the entire time people were doing this (or at least the parts that I watched, I have a short attention span).

It amazes me what adults will do. If you are over the age of 40 no one wants to see you grinding on another lady. In fact, pretty much most people don't want to see anyone grinding on anyone regardless of age. Show a little maturity while in public.
  • Oh.em.gee. Bless your heart! That's horrid.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I am thoroughly pissed off for you.  Bless your heart is right.  What an AW bitch.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Well, on the plus side, you looked great! Loved your dress and your hair!

I have no other comments, I'm too grossed-out.
  • and those people are wealthy? i don't know why that surprises me, but it does.

you looked gorgeous though.
  • Holly Crap! What is wrong with those people? I have to agree with Blueyed. I would like to think I'd take the high road but if anyone took pictures like that with my wedding cameras I think I would have to find a way to embarrass them with their own pictures. Not to mention, send them a bill for their "show".
    The fact that your in-laws think this behavior is ok, makes them just as classless. I'm sorry for your H, but good riddance.
    Actually your probably lucky you didn't know any of this was going on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The mean side is rearing up and says
    "give your in laws a stack of the wedding pictures from the cameras, genitals included. See how funny they think it is when there's a picture of a penis in between the cake and vows"

actually, they might think it was really funny...
  • wow, I just got home. so I'm a bit late in the mix here. At first I was like ok why would it have ruined it then I started reading your description (hence the post here to read it). If they were acting like that for one song, ok fine. But for the entire reception. I would have freaked out.
    I would have went up to them and asked them to leave. Well, FI would have.
    I'm so sorry this happened to you.
    But overall you had a great wedding and you are married to your lovely husband so that's what counts.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I second the submitting it to funniest home videos. That's just disgusting.

Ditto the pps that you looked gorgeous! :)
  • You are a much bigger person than I am. That lady would have been shitting nerd glasses and Bubba teeth for weeks after my reception.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-guests-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:beb61313-7227-433e-81db-29928940b32cPost:c4f68716-06a2-4391-8925-5fd0a16b22ef">Re: Wedding guests from Hell</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue eyes, I must admit in a drunken moment one Saturday night, I found the crotch lady's facebook account and sent her a scathing email  :)
    Posted by brandykf[/QUOTE]

You should upload the pics she took and tag her in them.  Or at least the youtube video. 
  • aI feel your pain. My SIL was a very violent drunk at my wedding. Ahhhh well, it's over at least.
  • That redhead wouldn't have made it out of my reception in one piece
  • Wow. Just wow. You looked beautiful and totally gracious when that evil cow was trying to look up your dress. I'm sorry this happened at your wedding. :(

@ BlueEyed -- I love that suggestion. I would want to do it, but would probably chicken out.
    planning

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-guests-hell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:beb61313-7227-433e-81db-29928940b32cPost:336b64e5-bcf4-4e05-b925-c18523754d17">Re: Wedding guests from Hell</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding guests from Hell : You should upload the pics she took and tag her in them.  Or at least the youtube video. 
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]

I get how this might seem like revenge, but I wouldn't be surprised if the lady got a kick out of it. Clearly she's an AW and planned to do this ahead of time for attention, so even the dickpics would probably end up on her coffee table so she could brag to people about how she did crazy shitt at someone's wedding she didn't care about. Anyone who would do what she did doesn't seem like the type of person who would be humiliated easily.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Brandy,

Im sorry you already have a strained relationship with your in-laws, and now this.  That sucks for you and your hubby.  Hopefully things will work themselves out.  I just hope it doesnt affect you and your new life together. 

p.s.  would love to hear what the email said, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Late to this: You looked gorgeous, but this was obviously very highly bizarre. Taking pictures of their genitals?! Dear God. 
  • I have to say that was the most horrid video I have EVER seen.  I worked at a reception venue for 3 years and saw a lot of crap.  I mean, families are really freaking weird and fight anywhere, have sex anywhere and get drunk and get seriously inappropriate, but nothing compares to that video. 

Honestly, I would send back whatever they gave you.  Ungrateful, maybe, but I couldn't handle having anything they had in my house - or use their money.  They are awful people.  And I would definitely send those pics to the lady in black and white along with the returned gift.

As for FILs - they are (hopefully) incredibly embarrassed and that's why they are taking everything out on you instead of taking responsibility.  Maybe your MILs mental instability is why your FIL is acting BSC and threating your H because he is worried she will do something if he doesn't take her side?  Whatever it is, it doesn't matter, it's a really shitty situation.  Taking time away from them is a smart idea, IMO.   GL with everything.  FWIW, you looked stunning and were incredibly gracious at a time when most people wouldn't have been.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards