Not Engaged Yet

Injury Update

So, for those of you who didn't see my last post-  My boyfriend fell off his bicycle Friday and broke his arm.  

We called around to orthopedic doctors Monday on the list they gave us, but NOBODY would take him because he didn't have insurance or all the money upfront for the appointment, and none we were willing to workout a payment plan.  FINALLY, one of the places we called gave us a number to another doctor, who we called and he said he needed the money upfront as well, but would only charge $300, since my boyfriend is uninsured.  YAY! so, we go there, and he only actually charges $150, YAY again!  He then says that he needs to have a permanent screw put in his elbow Cry, but the surgeon in the building there is very expensive and would have to be paid upfront because of the no insurance.... so the doctor said he knows some people at another hospital that sometimes do some charity surgeries for uninsured people who can't afford the surgery ($13k!)... so he's going to talk to them and see if he can work out something for us ASAP, because if the elbow heals without being repaired, he will permanently lose partial motion in his elbow. Frown So, that's kind of scary, but I'm really hopeful that this doctor was so nice and helpful.

Re: Injury Update

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this really sucks.  I don't know too much about insurance, but is there a way he can get insurance? That might be the cheaper option at this point.  Hope he is able to work something out he can afford.

Anniversary

• lkp797lkp797 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into that the day it happened and by the time he HAS to get surgery, the insurance wouldn't be in effect yet.  However, we did get a call, and he's arranged a payment plan with the hospital.  He's appointment is next Thursday (which is a long time away... :() But hopefully they will get him into surgery that Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards