Connecticut
Options

Reception Decision - Saint Clements?

Hi,
  I am in the beginning stages of the wedding planning and was looking into Saint Clements Castle in Portland, CT.

Anyone have any reviews?  Positive and negative would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kristy

Re: Reception Decision - Saint Clements?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I grew up out that way and attended a lot of events there. Now with that said I haven't been to an event there in 6 years. My only complaint was the food was never good. Not one time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there about two years ago. It was beautiful (November wedding- but it was such a hot day!!). I can honestly say, I don't remember my dinner, so I cannot comment on the dinner food. The apps they had were really good though. Not sure how it was to work with them- but overall I had a great time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a June 2011 SCC bride (Waterford Room) and have nothing but great things to say about the place and everyone that has been to an event there raves about the location and the food.
    We just had our most recent meeting with Carol and I can't rave enough about her.  She has been amazing through the whole process and has answered all questions and assured me all my requests will be met.
    The only things I didn't love about the place are 1) the carpet and chairs and 2) no candles.  But the location overlooking the river and the castle have an overall wow factor that to me makes up for the other things.  Between linens and flowers I think I can downplay the things I didn't love.

If you any questions don't hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony and reception at SSC in August and it was PERFECT! They treat you like celebrities! My guests raved about the quality of the staff and how good the food was..someone even told us that out of the 30 years she has been going to weddings, ours was in her top three.

As meg said, I orignally wasn't crazy about the chairs (Waterford Ballroom) and the carpet, but in the end I didn't even notice them. The best thing to do is to visit the castle and just see it for yourself (The gardens probably don't look the best because it is close to winter, but in spring/summer it looks great).

I don't have a single regret with picking saint clements! Let me know if you have any specifc questions about it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In response to a previous post about the food:  the castle was renovated after a fire a little over 3 years ago.  With that renovation, they hired a 5 star chef.  There have been nothing but excellent reviews about the food. Although my wedding isn't for another 79 days and I cannot give any personal reviews, all experiences I have had in the last 14 months have been nothing but positive and exciting!  Our coordinator Carol is fantastic and has been so accommodating since we are planning this wedding there and we live in Massachusetts (I grew up in Durham and my family is still there).  I highly recommend Saint Clements. And even though the gardens don't look all that great right now, I visted the castle in February to see what it was like around our wedding date, and it was just as gorgeous!  There is so much charm and character it speaks for itself!  Good luck!!

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_reception-decision-saint-clements?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:042ed096-8109-4625-8878-5605b29d3fe7Post:17dd3af6-9a7a-4d86-8bd0-7b2d50adbf9c">Re: Reception Decision - Saint Clements?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In response to a previous post about the food:  the castle was renovated after a fire a little over 3 years ago.  With that renovation, they hired a 5 star chef.  There have been nothing but excellent reviews about the food. Although my wedding isn't for another 79 days and I cannot give any personal reviews, all experiences I have had in the last 14 months have been nothing but positive and exciting!  Our coordinator Carol is fantastic and has been so accommodating since we are planning this wedding there and we live in Massachusetts (<strong>I grew up in Durham and my family is still there</strong>).  I highly recommend Saint Clements. And even though the gardens don't look all that great right now, I visted the castle in February to see what it was like around our wedding date, and it was just as gorgeous!  There is so much charm and character it speaks for itself!  Good luck!! :)
    Posted by sarahmraley[/QUOTE]

Sarah, have we previously acknowledged the fact that we grew up in the same town? lol....I think I remember your name, you were a few years ahead of me at CRHS (class of '00?)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We visited there and it's my favorite so far, however i think the FI is leaning towards water's edge but we still have a few more to go...
    05/01/09*MJP*10/10/10*I love you more everyday...9/15/12 image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pprendipprendi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can anyone tell me the price range for St. Clements Castle?
    Thanks.
    Patti
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards