Wedding Party

Re: Unique Groomsmen Gifts??

• He should shop for them as if it were their birthday. Nobody needs lame 'wedding' trinkets.
  • What about meat?  Men love meat!  I heard of someone giving Omaha Steaks or something like that.  It's on my list to look into for our GMs.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • That Omaha Steaks was a really great suggestion Fluffernut!

If none of his GMs were in the wedding with the bobbleheads, I would copy that, it's pretty cool too.  You could also do a custom bottle of wine.  Maybe go to a winery and see if he could buy a bottle for each guy of what he'd like and have the bottle personalized for him?  Same for beer, I'm sure there are some great microbreweries in the area.  If they like cigars, he could get some nice ones in personalized humidors.  Or he could mix and match all of the above, based on their personal taste, the gifts don't have to match.
  • And what exactly is a person suppose to do with a bobblehead?  I'm sorry but your groom does not need to feel that he needs to upstage the useless bobblehead. 

As PP had said, shop as if it were their birthday.

We got our 2 GMs a BBQ set here on the TK (nice quality and good price).  They use their a lot (take into consideration we knew they didn't have a BBQ set yet they BBQ). 

Also, it does not have to be the same gift for all GM.  Shop for each individual.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Bobbleheads are just cool in their own right, especially if they look like the person they were given to.  Her FI loved his, so it was a cool gift for him.  Gifts don't always have to have a practical application, some things are just cool because they're cool.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_unique-groomsmen-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7ed170da-bbfa-4e74-a627-76580100526cPost:ba6ea0a0-6270-4970-bf75-132c8a02492d">Re: Unique Groomsmen Gifts??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bobbleheads are just cool in their own right, especially if they look like the person they were given to.  Her FI loved his, so it was a cool gift for him.  Gifts don't always have to have a practical application, some things are just cool because they're cool.
    Posted by mdeidre[/QUOTE]
    I read it that he didn't like the bobble heads and thus was interested in doing an actually useful gift.  Interesting how you can read the same words in a different way.  I personally would not be thrilled about a bobblehead that looks like me.

• All the guys loved the bobbleheads. His best man was also the best man in the wedding with the bobbleheads so i guess that's why he feels like it's a competition. So stupid but whatever!

I think he's planning on getting a personalized glass and an expensive bottle of scotch. This guy apparently doesn't have many hobbies that make gift buying an easy task.

Thanks for your help!
  • For our groomsmen we got them each a personalized cooler (on clearance in the knot shop) and then we are putting things in the cooler that is meaningful for each of our groomsmen and ushers. We are spending the same on each guy. For example we have 2 groomsmen that love to fish, so my fiance picked out some nice lures that they wouldn't normally go and buy for themselves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards