Massachusetts

need some advice

Hi ladies! So I had posted on the "reception ideas" board, but thought I would see what people in the area think...I am getting married at the Log Cabin in Holyoke in the fall of 2013 and I was originally going to buy these nice embroidered gold organza overlays from another knottie (no payment has been made as of yet) but she only has 9, and I will most likely have 19 or 20 tables in total. So I thought it would be cool to have them scattered around, some tables with the overlay with white napkins and those that are just white table linens will have navy blue napkins with the centerpiece a tad bit more elaborate than the others.  Some comments came back saying that it would look "cheap"...I am a DIY bride and LOVE to be very hands on about events (I put events together for work), but I can't seem to get passed these comments of looking cheap when that wasn't my intention by any means....I just don't like things to look so uniform (that's just me) and I thought it would look nice.

Would love to get some feedback. Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: need some advice

• DivaJenDDivaJenD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds like a great idea! I like the idea of having them on some tables, but not others, and then doing a more "grand" centerpiece on the tables without the overlay. I think that would add some visual interest to the room rather than it looking very cookie cutter. And it sounds like it would go with your style/personality as well, which I think is important. I say go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. It is totally in right now to have different centerpieces, so why not mix it up with the whole table? I don't know how it would look cheap? It's not like you're planning on leaving the other tables bare! Plus the "cheap comment" people won't even be there to see how great it actually looks, so who cares what they think!?!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I really appreciate your help =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards