Ohio-Cleveland

invitation envelopes

I am making vertical invitations and am looking for envelopes them.  I want to order tea length/open end envelopes.  I was thinking of using just one envelope instead of the traditional two.  Is that OK? 

I'm also looking for a place to buy the envelopes reasonably.  I've looked at Archiver's, but the envelopes are fairly pricey there.  We also looked at the Hollo's, and theirs are cheap but are also very thin and you would be able to see the invitation through the envelope.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: invitation envelopes

• brittneygr0brittneygr0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We made our own (oddly shaped) invitations, and I was lucky enough to stumble upon Jampaper.com, who happened to carry 5x11 envelopes in brown! We aren't doing the traditional two envelops, mostly because our invitations hold the RSVP, preaddressed RSVP envelopes, maps, ect inside... but I don't think it's a big deal for you to have the invite in another envelope. I would just make sure that you're including prestamped envelopes for your RSVPs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Brittney!  As I am thinking through this further, I have another question.  With only one envelope, how are you handling the addressing of who the invite is for?  For example, I need to invite a family (Mom, Dad, 2 girls) and also want to invite the boyfriend of one of the girls as "and guest".
  • brittneygr0brittneygr0 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I've been thinking about this as well, because I'm sure the kids want to see their names on the envelopes! For my save the dates I used "The Conway Family" and such to make sure they knew they were all included. I think for my invites I will do something like "Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Ella, and Rosie", that way everyone is included. And kids get a kick out of seeing things in the mail with their names :)

If they're adult children, and you want to use the same invite as the parents, I would just separate it onto different lines, so for your guest dilemma:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Ella
    Rosie Smith and Guest
    1235 Apple Street

But, if they are adult guests, even if they are living in the same house I think it is "traditional" to send them their own invitation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards