Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

When do the rings get sodered together?

My FH really wants me to get my e-ring and wedding band sodered together before the wedding which means I'll be without my e-ring until the day of.  I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it because I've only heard of brides who got theirs sodered after the wedding...and I want to wear my ring!  Any opinions/thoughts on this?

Re: When do the rings get sodered together?

• my DH wanted to do this as well. since he was really excited about it, i let him. but the rings came back smaller than they were before. we were able to get the ring on for the ceremony but it wouldn't come off for several days...so just make sure the size doesn't change
  • I am waiting until after the wedding if I get it done at all.
  • cwiltcwilt member
    First Comment
    Mine is currently missing from my finger, and being soldered to the wedding ring...
    I really, really miss it. Which sounds whimpy, but it's true. The ring I'm wearing in it's place is a little big for my finger and slides around all over the place. :P
  • Check with your jeweler to see how many days it will take to get them soldered (not sodered) together.  Back up that many days from the wedding, and have them done then.

I'd rather be without an e-ring for a couple of days before the wedding, than the wedding ring after I was married, but that's just MO.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I wanted to do it beforehand, but my FI really wants to give me j*ust* the wedding band at the wedding.  So i'm waiting until after the HM to get it done.  Mine takes about 2 weeks. 

HTH
    snowbaby-1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • why are you soldering them together? i never understood this.
  • Some people have them soldered so they don't slip around on their fingers as easily. I didn't choose to do that but some people prefer them not to slip and/or to just have the feel of one ring rather than 2 on their finger.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_rings-sodered-together?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:0f4dc42a-ade3-4a76-8146-a8eec916bf54Post:e9230f96-e9df-48a5-ae71-33b4239ef24a">Re: When do the rings get sodered together?</a>:
    [QUOTE]why are you soldering them together? i never understood this.
    Posted by psichick[/QUOTE]

Me either...
  • I wear my rings, e-ring and wedding band, together ALL. THE. TIME.  I don't ever take it off.  I have never worn them seperate either.  So that's why I got them soldered together. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd rather be without my engagement ring a few days before the wedding than be without on my honeymoon. I'm definatly getting them soldered before the wedding.
  • I decided not to get mine soldered together after one of my aunts gave each of her daughters one of her rings to wear (she hadn't worn them in years).  I thought this was so neat.  I like the idea that they are two separate rings and that they potentially could be separated later if I wanted them to.  I would only solder them together if they were big and awkward and didn't really work without being attached to each other.
  • I was told (by a jeweler) that the bands wear against each other if you don't have the rings soldered... my college roomate hadn't had her rings done and they clearly showed wear on the bands...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did mine after. It only took 2 days because they did it in house.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I soldered mine together once we got back from our HM. This way I wasn't without it until after the wedding, and it was only for a couple of days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards