August 2012 Weddings

What are you getting your BMs?

I am having serious trouble figuring out what to get my girls...I had ideas but now I am wondering if my ideas are dumb. I am now thinking I should get each girl something different...what are you all getting your maids?

Re: What are you getting your BMs?

• They're all getting an engraved bracelet along with a bath/body set. My MOH (my 50+ aunt) is getting a gift certificate to a local spa.
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • I got my girls each a Coach wristlet in addition to a necklace and earrings for the wedding. I am probably going to do a small personal gift for each of them as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    I did large  makeup bags (embroidered with their initials) that will be filled with some wedding day essentials (mini lotions, hairsprays,  little mirrors, blotting papers, etc.). They are also each getting a different bracelet to wear at the wedding.

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• I got my girls each a Michael Kors necklace (that I found on sale at Nordstrom!), Robes for the day of getting ready, and I made them all a hanger for their dress with their initial. 
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my girls each a Michael Kors necklace (that I found on sale at Nordstrom!), Robes for the day of getting ready, and I made them all a hanger for their dress with their initial. 
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got each of them a tote with their initials on it, their necklace for the wedding, flip flops for the reception, and made each of them an emergency kit for the day of.
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ral11ral11 member
    First Comment
    I got my girls a tote with their initials, makeup bags filled with nail polish and lip gloss, robes with initials on it to get ready in and each of them will have a necklace not to wear for the wedding but just a really nice gift.  
  • I got each of them a vera bradley purse (all on sale!), lotion/perfume set, and a photo album. I'm probably going to get each of them matching earrings for the wedding too since they won't need a necklace with the style of their dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also got my girls a tote with their names embroidered though their initial.  All black totes but the embroidery is each in the girl's favorite color, and a necklace/earing set.  Im on a very tight budget and got my totes (which are outstanding quality) off of ebay for $48 total for 7
  • Wow, it sounds like everyone went all out...now I feel a bit bad.  Although my entire wedding is low-key and only semi-formal.  I got my girl's a pair of nice running shorts choosing each color specifically for them.  Four are friends I met in college on the cross-country team, and the other two are my sis & cousin who both also run.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_what-are-you-getting-your-bms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:4a0aaa90-8203-4133-b002-082ab6016118Post:ceb39740-40f4-4bf9-9830-3403c7386978">Re: What are you getting your BMs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, it sounds like everyone went all out...now I feel a bit bad.  Although my entire wedding is low-key and only semi-formal.  I got my girl's a pair of nice running shorts choosing each color specifically for them.  Four are friends I met in college on the cross-country team, and the other two are my sis & cousin who both also run.
    Posted by rungirl12[/QUOTE]

why do you feel bad?  that sounds like a very thoughful, useful gift! 
  • You ladies have some awesome ideas! I've been struggling with this so I haven't gotten their gifts yet. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_what-are-you-getting-your-bms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:4a0aaa90-8203-4133-b002-082ab6016118Post:9d49fd4d-9958-4542-b218-d9fe3adc578d">Re: What are you getting your BMs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my girls each a Coach wristlet in addition to a necklace and earrings for the wedding. I am probably going to do a small personal gift for each of them as well.
    Posted by jlesp81[/QUOTE]

Me too! I got really cute large gray wristlets from a Coach factory store online sale--plus earrings, a bracelet, and silver glitter fip flops from Old Navy. And maybe a TBD personal item. I also made them name hangers, but I gave them to each of them when I delivered their dresses.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I had robes custom made for ym bridal party (and myself )
    The are all in corresponding patterns and colors, but all different.

Mine actually just came in but its a bit too small by an inch or so so I have to bring it to have it altered. Now I'm paranoid the girls robes are going to be too small so i had my fiance try one on lol.
    I figured if it fit around him- that it would fit them loosely.

this was on the one made for me : 

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I just wrapped these all up yesterday! And I got them damask totes, matching luggage tags, a pink silk robe for getting ready, a pink magnet picture frame, a little jewelry box, they jewelry to wear, flip flops for dancing and a surprise hand painted wine glass that will be waiting for them at the head table the day of. I have a picture of everything under "DIY" in my bio!
  • colstj1 That is such a cute idea to have the wine glasses waiting for them!!! An extra surprise they won't expect! Love it!!! 
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • unicorntreesunicorntrees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I'm struggling a bit with this one too. I know one thing I want to do, but I don't feel like it's enough and I would like to get them something else with it. But, I know how to put pictures on wood, so I have these little square wood pieces and I'm going to pick a picture of them and print it on the wood. I'll say that I picked either my favorite picture/memory of them. I sort of already know what picture I would use of each of them, but I don't know how I'm going to dress up the wood piece after I put the picture on it. All of this is really easy to do. I doubt it will take me more than an hour to do all three.

That's all I know right now, but I'm certainly looking for inspiration (especially in this thread!).
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    DeClye82: thanks! They are hand painted with little pink dresses on them. The groomsmen are getting little beer mugs with black tuxes painted on them. :) Got them off of etsy if anyone is interested the pics and info are in my bio.
  • mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    i went with a wine theme since i know they all love wine - i got them each a nice set of mikasa glasses, electric wine opener, wine chiller pack, and wine pourer.  I also got them matching robes to get ready and matching earings for the day.  everything will be packed in resuable bags.  I am not doing anything personalized, and hoping that's ok.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing Vera Bradley sunglasses and case, and maybe flip-flops for the reception. 

I wanted to do Coach wristlets, but I have a vegan BM, and I wasn't sure how many (if any?) Coach wristlets are made w/o any leather. 

• I'm doing the individual gifts, too.  One's getting a Coach wallet to match her favorite bag.  My MOH is getting a watch that she talks about buying every time we're out together.  Two are new mothers who are worth spoiling far more than they would ever spoil themselves.  One's getting some beauty product splurges in a makeup bag and the other's getting lotion/soap/candles in the same pricey brand she gets for baby bath soap!  Another is a huge pinterest fan, so I've been stalking her boards and stocking up on the stuff she needs to complete some of her crafts.  My future stepdaughter is getting a necklace with a few of her favorite things as charms and the wedding date stamped on one.
    It looks like all of you ladies are going all out!  Lots of bridesmaids who will feel very loved! 
  • Late to the party as usual, but I got each of my ladies a pair of earrings with their respective birthstones. One of them didn't used to have pierced ears so I got her a necklace, but of course she's since gotten her ears pierced!! Go figure!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards