Hawaii

Ko olina Resort Question

Has anyone used this resort for their wedding? I have emailed them a couple of times to set up a venue viewing and I still havent heard from them. I am of course taking into consideration the holiday weekend for the delayed response but I was wondering if anyone had *actual* experience with them.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ko olina Resort Question

• Mrs_MarcosMrs_Marcos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi. I haven't been on here in forever, but I did get married at the JW Marriott back in 2007. I actually didn't even schedule a viewing. We were done visiting other possible locations and just decided to take the drive. We walked around the hotel until finally someone asked us if we needed help.

I met with Kathy, not sure if she's there anymore, but worked with Terri. Reviews in my bio.

I absolutely LOVED it there. Everything was great. Very professional staff, GREAT food, and awesome service. Highly recommended. If you have further questions, you can e-mail directly at drumarcos at yahoo dot com. HTH.
  • edited December 2011
     I  was out there very recently as part of my wedding/honeymoon/luau. I would  suggest  calling these people directly instead of e-mail. When I was there in October there was contruction on the property and the roadway to the resort was also under construction
  • 2OahuWeGo2OahuWeGo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

For the most part, it is a nice hotel.  However, from years past, ammenities have been cut down.  Also, the mountain view for guests, was actually construction views of the crane +/- noise, and one of the ocean view rooms smelled of mold which didn't come out.  Had we known, we would have told people to book the Ko olina beach club - over a couple of lagoons.
    Therefore, JW  is showing it's age.  But the Beach Club hotel is new and guests who stayed there had a kitchen / condo setup, new rooms, and the same amenities, for approximately the same price as our block rate.
    Depending on your pricepoint, it may be worth looking at the Halekulani or hold the wedding at Lanikuhonua.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards