February 2013 Weddings

Save the Dates?

When are you ladies sending yours out? I'm not having a traditional "destination" wedding so to speak but half of my relatives including myself have to travel and make hotel reservations for our wedding, so I'm sending them out next month!! Seems crazy! Anyone else doing the same?

Re: Save the Dates?

• I sent mine on February 14th!  Over a year's notice for my guests lol!  Well, they were sort of an "unofficial" save the date.  It was an email format which we received from our Travel Agent (we are having a destination wedding in Jamaica).  I wish I would have sent nicer ones in the mail, but that's a long story as to why I didn't.  I am totally going to make up for it with my invitations though!  I plan to send those by the end of the summer and my RSVP date will depend on when my wedding coordinator at the resort needs confirmation for the # of people.

If things had gone my way, I would have mailed "official" save the dates early as well (Feb or March) just as a formality b/c all of our guests know from word of mouth (we also created a private Facebook event) about the date, location & resort.  Our invitations will include LOTS of info and maybe a sort of a schedule of events that we will plan to have prior to the wedding day in order to mingle/enjoy Jamaica with our guests!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I sent mine about a year out. Almost all of our relatives and many friends are going to be coming from out of state or from another city. A lot of these people don't have a lot of money either, so we wanted to give them enough time to save and make arrangements and such.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent ours out a few weeks ago. 
  • MiliskaMiliska member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:93f6d05c-f1ea-475d-96de-989e5f9003b2Post:f7ad873c-e937-4018-a083-b0c424a18294">Save the Dates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When are you ladies sending yours out? I'm not having a traditional "destination" wedding so to speak but half of my relatives including myself have to travel and make hotel reservations for our wedding, so I'm sending them out next month!! Seems crazy! Anyone else doing the same?
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

We're in the same situation : about half of our relatives and friends come from another city and will have to travel to our wedding. We're planning to send save-the-dates in June too. I know it can be considerated ''late'' for an out-of-town wedding, but I still think an 8 months notice shall be fine (it's a 5 hours-drive distance from our city, so we don't think people will book a flight for that). It's a long week-end in their province (Family Day), so we can't wait longer for sending the save-the-date, but I still think we still have enought time ahead of us.
  • I haven't sent mine out yet but they are in process. I'm not to worried because most of our family already knows when the wedding is and its near home so they won't have to travel.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are sending ours out in June!

The larger problem is wrangling in the guest list :( It's a little out of control and we need to sit down and really iron it out.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • I am planning on sending mine out next month as well. Most of my family and friends are coming from another state but they know when the wedding is so I figure it will be fine.
  • AMYM312AMYM312 member
    First Comment
    I just ordered mine on vistraprint so I should have them in a couple weeks. If everything goes as planned I will be sending them out mid June.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Just sent mine out yesterday! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker SoFla August SiggyimageCake Inspiration
  • quick question...I just created a wedding ticker how do I add it as a signature on my posts??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker SoFla August SiggyimageCake Inspiration
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Wheee! Sent mine out last week, everyone seems to love them :)

JaxJ128 On the homepage, click on "My Knot" on the top left hand corner of the page. Then scroll down, and in the left column navigation there is a section called "my profile", where you can click "My Bio". Then at the top, there is a link you can click called "Edit my avatar & sig". Scroll down the page and you can insert the HTML for your ticker. That should do the trick. Don't worry, the site isn't super intuitive!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards