South Asian Weddings
Options

destination weddings...

If any of you newly married brides could do it over again...would any of you decide to do a destination wedding?  

Re: destination weddings...

• Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi NYchica

hehe we had this convo a few months ago as well.  I wouldn't want to have my first wedding as a destination...but definitely a 'renewal of the vows' ceremony would be beautiful on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean :)
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_destination-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:99b52cf0-e1d3-41f8-8cd7-dd7ab71f7aadPost:9c0751aa-4b8e-4923-a50d-e4bb81f79484">Re: destination weddings...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi NYchica hehe we had this convo a few months ago as well.  I wouldn't want to have my first wedding as a destination...but definitely a 'renewal of the vows' ceremony would be beautiful on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean :)
    Posted by MrsBM[/QUOTE]

This.. maybe every five years :)

Even amidst the chaos during our first wedding, I wouldn't want to re-do it for anything...  or change it for that matter.  Yes we had 300+ guests, but it was worth it for all of the family and friends to support us in the next step of life... 

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The idea is nice at first. Then, you have to look into it further and realize two things:

1. MOST of your guests won't be able to come. For those who do, it's pricey. I want a lot of my loved ones to come (with an exception to a few lol), so, we're not sure this works.

2. Many times you have to ship everything in. Think about how much more stressful and scary that could be!
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you do decide to do a destination wedding, research down the the last detail... there might be a rental place, but at least in the Caribbean, it's very limited in numbers.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards