Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

2nd night in a row

That I haven't gotten any sleep. Why? I keep having dreams about the wedding. A vendor will call and say they can't come/limo blew up and they don't have another/slept in and now it's too late to come... etc. After every vendor cancles or just doesn't show up, I wake up... try to go back to sleep, and then it's another. Every time, about an hour before the ceremony starts, I'm in pajama's and my hair is a mess, and I'm freaking out how everything can get done in an hour, and that I have to re schedule the wedding, and I wake up.

I want my sleep.... but they won' t stop! It's so stupid too... I'm not worried about anything happening..

Re: 2nd night in a row

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding nightmares make me break out into a sweat!  Mine involve hair and makeup not showing up, MIA bridesmaids, not remembering what happened that day.  So I can def relate.  It always freaks me out.  I try to read before bed to distract myself, especially if I spent the day focused on all things wedding-related.  I'm sure the closer you get, the more frequent they become! 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been engaged for a little over a year, and I think I've had just two dreams about the wedding.  Then again, I still have 7 months to go, so I'm not really stressing about it yet.

If you have everything done and in order, maybe you need to just take a few days off from the wedding... no conversations, no internet, no Say Yes to the Dress/Whose Wedding is it Anyway, and no Knot :)

I tend to have really crazy dreams that keep me up, then I'm exhausted the next night and sleep really hard.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We havn't done anything wedding related in some time... I'm waiting in limbo for like 5 things... which all can't be done for 2-3 weeks from now.... I've never had the dreams before. So frustrating...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dreams started the beginning of this year & I've only had about three so far, but they're all the same thing & I don't feel stressed either. So weird. It has to be something subconscious.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mines always starts with me waking up and me not realizing that its my wedding day until about two in the afternoon. My hair, nails and toes arent done, I still needed to get crinoline for my dress and shoes. And My MOH, who cant cook to save her life, is in the kitchen cooking and ignoring me. It ends with me hitching a ride with two strange girls who dont want to take me to run errands, but instead want to take me to jersey for some unknown reason.

Its so crazy lol. And I'm not stressing either. The major checks are in place and all the little stuff seems to be falling in place. We've been blessed to have people that we never expected, step in and help us. I really cant explain it.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had similar dreams.  Mainly that I wasn't ready on time for the wedding and my hair and/or makeup was not done.  Nothing to do with not getting married, just that I wasn't dressed or "done up" for the day. 

Sorry they are interfering with your sleep!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    K- That's what all my dreams are about. Not being ready for the wedding. It's still going on but it's an hour away and the muscisians canceled the limo blew up, my hair/make up isn't done, none of the BM's are there...

My BM actually told me she had a dream she woke up 1 hour before the wedding and was baking cookies, adn then remembered it was the wedding day and it was in 20 minutes and she was an hour away... even she is having thees crazy dreams about the wedding!

I just want my sleep back. I also wake up with a super stif neck because i'm tossing and turning every time I wake up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had dreams like this before too.  It was also about not being ready for the wedding.  I completely forgot it was our wedding day and I was out running errands when I finally realized what day it was.  They are such stupid dreams because everything is working out perfectly for us!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I only had one goofy dream so far where my bridesmaids forgot to buy their dresses, so I had to go shopping for them on the day of the wedding while all dressed up in my wedding gown with hair and makeup done!
  • Options
    laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having any dreams about the wedding yet but thatnis probably because the stress of job hunting is overshadowing it for now.

Whenever I have a lot on my mind that the thinking keeps me up at night I usually take some Tylenol or advil PM and that gets me through the night no problem.  I think they make one that is just a sleep med too.  Anyway, maybe that would help yo get sleep once and a while when the dreams keep you up.  Plan on taking it when you can get a full night's sleep like the weekend or something when you don't have an alarm to wake you up because if you don't sleep a full 8 hours you'll still be groggy the next day.  I don't usually recommend drugs, but this works for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards