New York-New York City

Where to do engagement photos XP April 2013

FI and I are planning on scheduling our engagment photos sometime in mid October (when the leaves turn) and are conflicted on where.

Option 1: Central Park, Bethesda Fountain Area
The pros: our photographer has shot here before, it's very classic New York, I feel like we would get a greater variety of shots with the fountain, lake, bridges, trees. 

The cons: it's about a 45minute - an hour walk for us with our dog, she's pretty lazy and will get tired by the time we get there, it could be pretty crowded and people will stare when they see a photographer which would make me self conscious

Option 2:Carl Schuz Park
Pros: It's a 5 minute walk with the dog so she'd still have energy, it's where we usually take her and hang out so it's more setimental, depending on the weather and time of day it could be as crowded as Central Park or pretty empty but there'd definitely be fewer tourists so less gawking, it's pretty, on river and has views of 2 bridges and some nice looking staircases

Cons: Crowds are hit or miss, photographer has never been there, our usual dog park is there so our dog would be more distracted and less tired out.

What do you guys think? 
Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where to do engagement photos XP April 2013

• I think Central Park is beautiful for pictures, and people wont stare as much as you think they would. We took pictures in Brooklyn Bridge park and there were alot of people but I think people have became so use to seeing this happen they look but dont just stand and watch.

But it seems you feel more comfortable with the park you normally go to option 2 so do it at this park. Your photographer will be able to adapt no matter where you go, this place may be unfamiliar but if you point out nice parts of the park to take pictures it should be fine.
  • I was going to suggest Fort Tryon, but it would be a complete pain for you to get to from the east side.  
    I don't know the little park in your neighborhood at all, but I do like the idea of it being somewhere you're used to and that's meaningful to you.  If your dog is acting up or isn't cooperating with the photo shoot, you'll be close enough to home to bring him home while the other person does some solo shots.  
    Talk to your photographer.  Tell him/her your concerns and see what he/she says.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_where-to-do-engagement-photos-xp-april-2013?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:ae9651a2-bb90-459b-a54b-2d67e1c5b58aPost:7ef9b0e0-3733-45ce-84df-896e26337e75">Re: Where to do engagement photos XP April 2013</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to suggest Fort Tryon, but it would be a complete pain for you to get to from the east side.   I don't know the little park in your neighborhood at all, but I do like the idea of it being somewhere you're used to and that's meaningful to you.  <strong>If your dog is acting up or isn't cooperating with the photo shoot, you'll be close enough to home to bring him home while the other person does some solo shots.</strong>   Talk to your photographer.  Tell him/her your concerns and see what he/she says.  
    Posted by Starqueg[/QUOTE]

<div>That's a really good point that I hadn't thought of yet. Thank you!</div>
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did central park. We started by the boat house, then the fountain then the bridges. There were a lot of people being photographed and I am very shy but I didn't feel awkward at all. It doesn't matter if it is crowded your photographer will know how to get a good shot. Our pix were amazing!
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards