Texas-Austin

Photography for less than $1,000?

I am just beginning my search for a photographer, and while it is one of the most important aspects of my wedding, our budget cannot afford the typical $2,000 to $4,500 fee.  Does anyone know of a good photographer in the Austin area that is closer to the $600 to $1,000 range for the wedding day?  Thank you!

Re: Photography for less than $1,000?

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Search for Daniel Grove Photography on Facebook. That's who we are using. He is still a student, but his work is good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Use the local vendors feature here on The Knot. If you scroll down to the bottom of the photography section, you can search by price range. I think there are 4 or 5 photographers that start out under 1,000.

Here we  go, here is the link that lists the ones that are under 1,000. http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Austin-Wedding-Photographers/Profiles/PHO/191/268/1

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Blackerby Photography. Their work is outstanding and the prices were very reasonable when we booked with them.
  • edited December 2011
    look at kforce on  facebook she does great work for cheap. good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Blue Sparrow Photography and she is really reasonable.  Her website has a base price to start at, but she does offer customized packages and discount weddings for weekday weddings or weddings less than a certain number of hours (can't remember how many)

• edited December 2011
    We found our photographer on Craigslist. He was a recent graduate and had a wonderful portfolio of event and portrait work, but had never done weddings. We got him for a STEAL ($400, which included attendance/photos of the rehearsal, unlimited time at the wedding, and full printing rights of the 1200+ images we received). I still cannot believe we got so lucky. We love our photos! It really was a hunt to find him but once we met him and saw his work, we knew it was a match. He has increased his prices dramatically now so he wouldn't be in your budget, but this post is meant to recommend digging around for new talent! :)
  • tkalaurietkalaurie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are anywhere close to the Temple/Belton area, we are using Josh Quinn.  He has done many of my friend's weddings in the past and we just took our engagement pictures with him a couple weeks ago.  I love him because he is totally down to earth and really "clicked" with my fiance (which I was worried about having someone that annoyed him so he wouldn't want to cooperate!).  Not to mention he is really good and reasonable.  His number is 254-721-4283.  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Janet Skeem with Skeem Photography.  She's based out of San Antonio, but will travel to Austin.  We hired her for 900.00.  Check out her website...skeemphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Willhollisphotography.com. He's absolutely fantastic.
  • megandgregmegandgreg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I am an event planner (circlethedateevent.com) here in Austin and I work with  Solstice Event Photography as much as I can. I event used him for my own wedding and engagements. The Lead Photographer Rick Smith is amazing. He is very affordable and his work is amazing.

http://www.solsticeeventphotography.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards