Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Biggest Loser *spoilers*

Not sure who else watched besides G and I, but I have a lot to say about it!

First of all, Shay looks SO wonderful- I'm really glad that they're continuing to follow her. I hope they update us on her marathon (though I'm sure they will). I thought Sherry looked too thin. Maybe it's b/c she's older too, and has excess skin, but she reminds me of how Helen looked a couple of seasons ago, as well as Jerry. Almost too thin IMO. I cannot believe she only weights 119 lbs.

I'm glad Daris got in the final 3 instead of Koli, and Koli won the at-home prize, so I don't feel bad. Though I thought he acted incredibly strange last night- was pretty quiet, and he said all he wanted to do was go home with his family. WTF? I understand you are nervous/emotional, but show some enthusiasm for being there!

The cheesy romantic in me was hoping for a proposal from Sam to Stephanie. Oh well, they are so happy together. Then I wondered what was up with Michael holding the flower. At first I thought it was for Ashley- I'm wondering if they're together. I'm really glad Michael won- he really deserved it! I just hope he continues to keep the weight off, unlike some other past contestants/winners.

Re: Biggest Loser *spoilers*

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG - I agree with EVERYTHING you said K! I loved every minute of the finale!

I also loved seeing Shay - she looked so good and I'm so happy for her and her family! They deserve that 25,000 (plus double if she does the marathon!) She is a really sweet girl and I'm so happy to see her smiling and healthy!

I also agree w/ you about Sherry - she def looked pretty thin! I mean 119 is CRAZY for a woman of her age!! I'm happy that she is confident and healthy now but I do agree - and yes, I think it might have been due to her age or something.

HANDS down, my favorite moment of the night was seeing Michael walk out for the first time - he looked absolutely fabulous! I honestly got goosebumps when he walked out. I LOVE him and was SO happy to see him looking and feeling that confident! And to see his reaction at the end after he won - I was crying like a baby! lol I'm so happy he won and lost over 1/2 his body weight! wow...

It continues to blow me away seeing the before and afters - hopefully it will give hope and inspiration to the millions of overweight people in the countryand let them know that they CAN do something about it! I mean, the guy was 500+ pounds and LOOK AT HIM NOW! Granted he had the help of trainers and the ranch but look at what some of the contestants were able to do at home! Such an inspiration!

I was also wondering about Michael and Ashely - I got the vibe that they may get together in the future... or maybe they're just great friends, irregardless - they both looked fantastic and I'm so happy for them! I hope they are able to continue on their journey now that the season is over...

I, as well, was hoping for a proposal! lol... I thought I was the only one! Tongue out hehe

As for Koli, I agree that he was acting COMPLETELY weird... I think it was b/c he was talking all that crap before on the ranch about how he was going to win etc. etc. etc. and he wasn't even in the final 3... I honestly think he was ashamed or something - because he DID come off as cocky and arrogant and I really think that's why America didn't vote him in! Oh well - at least he won the at home prize... he looked fantastic too.

One last thought - It was wonderful to see that Darris had a girlfriend! He's such a sweet guy and I'm so happy he was able to overcome his weakness for eating late at night and lose so much weight! I hope he, along w/ all the contestants, keep the weight off for good.

Another wonderful end to a great season! Can't wait until the fall when it starts all over again!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yea, it's great to see that Daris is happy and has a girlfriend. And actually, Shay won $52,000- it was $1,000 for every pound she lost, and she lost 52. So double for the marathon, that's $104,000- crazy! I have no desire to ever run a marathon, but that would be enough motivation for me to!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol! oh yeah! totally forgot about that... wow! I would do it too! lol
  • edited December 2011
    I watched too, first time all season I actually watched it the same night it was on :)

Michael wasn't really one of my favorites during the season but he looked good and seemed really happy so I'm glad for him. The thing about this show is that the biggest people are always going to have an advantage because they have more to lose. I mean, losing half your body weight is crazy! The finalists all looked great though.

I too thought Michael's rose was going to be for Ashley!

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    Ok, so we are also having this discussion on the DC Nest, and some of those ladies think that Michael is gay. I definitely do not see that! Granted, I can be naive sometimes, but I truly don't think he is. They were questioning his skull belt buckle... I think he's just experimenting with fashion and having fun- he wanted to wow everyone at the finale.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't get the impression he was gay, but you never know.

Vacation

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny you say that b/c some of the guys at work asked the same thing! I honesty don't think he is (even if he was I could care less!) I think that is just his crazy personality... about the skull belt buckle, it was a questionable fashion choice but I loved seeing him rock it w/ confidence!! He was my favorite from day 1 (although I really didn't like it when he set the black and blue teams up... that was kind of a crappy move on his part if you ask me!) so I'm SO happy he made it and won!
  • edited December 2011
    Michael is totally gay, and those skinny jeans and the bedazzled belt buckle only made the case stronger.

I really wanted Ashley to win. I really liked her.  I was kind of disappointed because Michael was either a whiny baby or AW most of the time, so I was very MEH when he won. I was hoping Ashley would pull it out by a pound or two.  Michael and his mom need to quit fake-baking, it looks awful.

Is anyone going to watch Jillian's new show?!
    Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    The skinny jeans do make me question, now that you mention it. Oh well, not that it's a huge deal, but I was just curious as to what others' thought.

Pirata- it's funny that you were rooting for Ashley, b/c she was the one I hoped would not win. It's not that I dislike her as a person, I just didn't think she worked hard enough a lot of the time. I realize this sounds judgemental  and b!tchy, but just my observations.

I'd love to watch Jillian's new show, but am disappointed it's not on until 10. I watch America's Got Talent too, which will be on 8-10. That's a lot of TV for one night, esp. when I need to get other things done. We'll see, but I would like to.
  • edited December 2011

LOL Kim!  Yeah just from being in theatre and being around, as soon as I saw him, I was like yep, plays for the other team.  He is going to be doing it up at the clubs now that he lost some weight!  And honestly I always wondered about Daris too. I know he says he wants a wife & kids, and he has a gf, but in my experiences with friends and acquaintances "that doesn't mean anything" LOL.

I will probably try to watch.  So You Think You Can Dance starts tomorrow.  I'll have to see the summer schedule for that--it's usually Tues & Wed nights, so those my be my 2 non-WR nights!

Crosswalk
  • edited December 2011
    I totally thought Michael was gay, but not really until last week's show.  It really came out in his at home interviews.  Last night sealed the deal for me!

I am happy he won though. 

Pirata- I'm so excited to hear SYTYCD is coming back! LOVE LOVE that show.
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Er&JerLemEr&JerLem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michael is so gay.  I've thought that through most of the season.  I think he and Ashley are just good friends.  I thought he looked great, with the weight he lost.  But that tight v-neck, huge belt buckle and tight jeans were awful!  Honestly - I thought the fashion last night, overall, was pretty bad.  Koli, with the pink pants, and Sam, with that awful shirt.  And I thought Sunny looked like she was going for pageant queen or something.

I agree about Sherry, but there's always at least one who seems to take it too far.  And I'm so glad Melissa didn't win at-home.  She was so obnoxious last night.

I agree about Koli acting weird.  He didn't even look excited about winning.

I thought Ashley looked amazing, though not a fan of the outfit.  But she really dropped a lot of weight at home. 
  • edited December 2011
    duq--I love SYTYCD too!  I hope it's still on the Tues-Wed format for summer.  I got FI hooked on it too!
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards