Latino Weddings

Let's talk FOOD!!

My favorite topic ever of course haha!

1) What's your favorite Latin food??

2) Will you be incorporating some Latin foods in your menu? If so, which?

:)

Re: Let's talk FOOD!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm a foodie too!

1) I have so many favorite latin foods that I love. I love mexican, cuban, puerto rican, and columbian food.

2) Yes, we are thinking about servin Puerto Rican food.
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fave latin food has to be congris.  LOVE!  Oh and for dessert: Flan.  My MIL makes the best flan I have ever tasted.

We're not serving any at the wedding.  I will ask my MIL to maybe make some flan if she can so we can put it at the midnight sweet table.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • arecheverriaarecheverria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im havin puerto rican rice and mexican food yum!!
  • edelgado11edelgado11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we love food in general- mexican, central american, ethiopian, italian, the list goes on. 

our venue is also a caterer of mexican food, so we went with their specialty- it was very yummy
    Anniversary ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Who doesnt love food! :)

We're incorporating mini empanadas as hor douvres, our entree options  will include seafood (beach wedding) with latin flair - a la veracruzana.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ooo empanada hor'douvres sounds like an amazing idea!

I love all sorts of food!! Latin I'd have to say my faves are Colombian, Dominican, Salvadoran and Ecuadorian!!

Our wedding is in Ecuador so all the caterers are somewhat latin already lol. However, international styles are more popular. I've noticed though they manage a nice in between compromise :) I'm most excited about the late night snack, it's typical to serve a thick potato and cheese soup called locro... veryy yummyy!! :)
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love empanadas!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Milko- What is a midnight sweet table? Is this at the reception or afterparty and is it customary?
    Nati- Is your late night snack the same as what Milko is referring to?
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_lets-talk-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:6b4d6837-d9e3-46e4-b737-2c6fdde150a4Post:273643ae-472b-4929-a12f-0a88cc1e864d">Re: Let's talk FOOD!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Milko- What is a midnight sweet table? Is this at the reception or afterparty and is it customary? Nati- Is your late night snack the same as what Milko is referring to?
    Posted by themrspena[/QUOTE]

You mean Cynthia? I don't see a milko here.. anyway I'm not too sure about the midnight sweet table but I know it's getting popular to serve a snack, something to eat, or in Cynthia's case something sweet later at night. Yes it's at the reception, but way after dinner has been served and eaten, people have been dancing and partying for a good while so crowds tend to get hungry again. That's when you bring out a snack for everybody to enjoy and keep them going through the party. I've seen girls say they'll have pizza, sandwiches.. anything that fills a bit. We're having a semi-thick soup which will do two jobs at once since it tends to get a little cold here at night. Late night snacks are a great opportunity to incorporate something traditional or cultural IMO. So think about it! ;-)
  • helenmreichhelenmreich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not even engaged yet, but my BF (who is from Mexico) has already decided that his mom is making mole (the best I have ever had, even after living with a lady in Oaxaca...) rice, and beans for our wedding!  And his brother is serving tacos al pastor...which sounds like it will be really convenient and yummy...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sam52361sam52361 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm new to the board (just got engaged this past Saturday!) and the food related thread seems like the perfect spot to start posting! :)

I'm half Dominican and half Puerto Rican, so my favorite Latin foods are pretty much anything that involves platanos! Mangu, tostones, maduros, pastel...oooomg I'm hungry! Also, avocados. When I was little, mami used to have to hide the aguacates from me, because I could eat a whole one like it was an apple!

Since I just got engaged and the wedding is a ways away (we don't want to get married till after we graduate college and graduation is a year away) we're not really planning yet, but there will DEFINITELY be Latin food at the wedding! How could there not be??? FI is Peruvian so I want to try to find a good balance between Dominican/Puerto Rican and Peruvian dishes :)
  • sharkgrlsharkgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a Veracruz/Cuban seafood themed menu with chicken options for the non-seafood eaters.

Our venue has no catering restrictions, so I am working to convince my fiance that a wedding is not a wedding without tamales..he is not convinced...I mean at least as an option with the cocktail hour food..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards