June 2012 Weddings

Rawr...

So I'm doing laundry. First load is done in the washer and I'm throwing it in the dryer. As I'm pulling the first article of clothing out of the washer I notice a big black spot on it. I kinda brush it off because they were a pair of scrub pants FI now uses for painting/working around the house in....who knows what it could be? Then I pull a few other articles out...2 bras, my white tank tops, one of FIs nice collared shirts....with the same black spots. "WTH?", I'm thinking. Then it dawns on me. The majority of this load consisted of FIs work scrubs. "If he left a damn pen in his scrub top I might strangle him", I think to myself as I start frantically emptying the washer to find the culprit. Sure enough...there it is at the bottom of the washer. A stupid pen. GAH! Why can't he just empty his stupid pockets when he takes his clothes off?! We've had this discussion before...except he's usually good for leaving his list of patients in his pockets. The worst of that is the mess of shredded paper that comes out. His response when I asked/told him to clean his pockets out? "Well...you should check before you throw them in. I can TRY to remember to empty then though." Are you freaking kidding me? Now he's really gonna get it. I'm so pissed I almost wanna go upstairs and wake him from his 3rd shift slumber by throwing that damn pen at his head...and then telling him I'm leaving for the mall to replace the clothes that got ruined by the pen that he TRIED to remember to take out of his pocket when he got undressed. GAH! SERIOUSLY?

Re: Rawr...

• peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Gah.
    Yeah, I would be pissed too.
    Now, TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!!
    There are ways to get ink out- let me look in pinterest!

ETA:
    Here:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/263390278176753927/

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry Amy. FI has washed his recorder for his job on several occasions. Thankfully he now uses his iPhone for that which he never leaves in his pockets.

I'd be really angry too but I hope you can get the ink out!

After you calm down and he awakes on his own volition, I'd have another discussion with him about it. My guess is that his mother always checked his pockets for him and he's never needed to do that. It should be the person who wore the clothes resposibility to take the stuff out of the pockets.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rawr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9cb62686-4ab6-47da-ad70-7864423f38bfPost:abb719ff-147b-408d-a1f6-31a5a523541e">Re: Rawr...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry Amy. FI has washed his recorder for his job on several occasions. Thankfully he now uses his iPhone for that which he never leaves in his pockets. I'd be really angry too but I hope you can get the ink out! After you calm down and he awakes on his own volition, I'd have another discussion with him about it. <strong>My guess is that his mother always checked his pockets for him and he's never needed to do that. It should be the person who wore the clothes resposibility to take the stuff out of the pockets.</strong>
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
    Yes, yes and yes; at least that's what Fi's mother did.  I finally broke him of the habit after some things got ruined and he always just empties his pockets when he gets home from work now.<div>
    </div><div>I hope you can get it out Amy!</div>
  • In Response to Re:Rawr...:[QUOTE]Gah.Yeah, I would be pissed too.Now, TAKE A DEEP BREATH!!!!There are ways to get ink out let me look in pinterest!ETA:Here:<a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/263390278176753927/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/263390278176753927/</a> Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks!
  • I've ruined too many clothes leaving chapstick in the pocket. I always check our pockets, even though FIs pretty good about taking stuff out. It's not worth not checking.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to Re:Rawr...:[QUOTE]I'm sorry Amy. FI has washed his recorder for his job on several occasions. Thankfully he now uses his iPhone for that which he never leaves in his pockets. I'd be really angry too but I hope you can get the ink out! After you calm down and he awakes on his own
    volition, I'd have another discussion
    with him about it. My guess is that his
    mother always checked his pockets for
    him and he's never needed to do that. It
    should be the person who wore the
    clothes resposibility to take the stuff out
    of the pockets. Posted by
    midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I don't know what his deal is. Maybe I should double check. But if he doesn't ever have to worry about having clean clothes/scrubs because I always take care of it, the least he can do is empty his pockets. Sheesh...

When he wakes up I'm gonna tell him the only reason he doesn't have a big welt on his head from a pen hitting him or permanent marker drawn on his face...cuz I thought about that too is because the girls on TK talked me out of it. He thanks you I'm sure...
  • Haha, nice! I agree that he should empty his own pockets. It's really not that complicated.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rawr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9cb62686-4ab6-47da-ad70-7864423f38bfPost:05ddca69-5814-4eb6-a8a9-1737469a2c11">Re:Rawr...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rawr...: I don't know what his deal is. Maybe I should double check. <strong>But if he doesn't ever have to worry about having clean clothes/scrubs because I always take care of it, the least he can do is empty his pockets. Sheesh...</strong> When he wakes up I'm gonna tell him the only reason he doesn't have a big welt on his head from a pen hitting him or permanent marker drawn on his face...cuz I thought about that too is because the girls on TK talked me out of it. He thanks you I'm sure...
    Posted by amyl9[/QUOTE]
    That's what I told Fi, I pointed out to him that I did all the laundry (and don't mind doing it!) but the least he could do was to make sure his pockets were all empty and his socks were all unbunched, although the latter is still being worked on.
  • peachykeen26peachykeen26 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to Re:Rawr...:
    [QUOTE]I've ruined too many clothes leaving chapstick in the pocket. I always check our pockets, even though FIs pretty good about taking stuff out. It's not worth not checking.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh. Me too! lol
    I need to figure out how to get chapstick out of clothes. It's like an oil when it melts, so maybe some baking soda....?

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to Re:Rawr...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Rawr...:In Response to Re:Rawr...: I don't know what his deal is. Maybe I should double check. But if he doesn't ever have to worry about having clean clothes/scrubs because I always take care of it, the least he can do is empty his pockets. Sheesh...
    When he wakes up I'm gonna tell him
    the only reason he doesn't have a big
    welt on his head from a pen hitting him
    or permanent marker drawn on his
    face...cuz I thought about that too is
    because the girls on TK talked me out
    of it. He thanks you I'm sure...Posted by
    amyl9That's what I told Fi, I pointed out
    to him that I did all the laundry and
    don't mind doing it! but the least he
    could do was to make sure his pockets
    were all empty and his socks were all
    unbunched, although the latter is still
    being worked on. Posted by
    sleblanc72[/QUOTE]

I haven't even tried to bother with the socks things yet. Maybe in 3 more years...

Things just got worse. I unloaded the next batch of clothes only to discover tape and a tin of dip in the bottom of the washer. So help me God...if that would have come open and chew was all over my laundry...I might have come unglued. Sorry Midge...all bets would have been off and he would have taken that pen AND the tin to the head! Good thing we have a 2 hr drive back to home this evening...
  • Ughhhhhhhh I'd have woken him up by throwing the tin at his face.

FI doesn't separate his shirt from his undershirt and when I find them now I just smack him with them. It infuriates me.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to Re:Rawr...:[QUOTE]Ughhhhhhhh I'd have woken him up by throwing the tin at his face. FI doesn't separate his shirt from his undershirt and when I find them now I just smack him with them. It infuriates me. Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

That's another thing I'd love to work on. Baby steps tho...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_rawr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:9cb62686-4ab6-47da-ad70-7864423f38bfPost:9ddb64f5-d5b7-4760-85d5-e57c243b4a1f">Rawr...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm doing laundry. First load is done in the washer and I'm throwing it in the dryer. As I'm pulling the first article of clothing out of the washer I notice a big black spot on it. I kinda brush it off because they were a pair of scrub pants FI now uses for painting/working around the house in....who knows what it could be? Then I pull a few other articles out...2 bras, my white tank tops, one of FIs nice collared shirts....with the same black spots. "WTH?", I'm thinking. Then it dawns on me. The majority of this load consisted of FIs work scrubs. "If he left a damn pen in his scrub top I might strangle him", I think to myself as I start frantically emptying the washer to find the culprit. Sure enough...there it is at the bottom of the washer. A stupid pen. GAH! Why can't he just empty his stupid pockets when he takes his clothes off?! We've had this discussion before...except he's usually good for leaving his list of patients in his pockets. The worst of that is the mess of shredded paper that comes out. His response when I asked/told him to clean his pockets out? <strong>"Well...you should check before you throw them in. I can TRY to remember to empty then though."</strong> Are you freaking kidding me? Now he's really gonna get it. I'm so pissed I almost wanna go upstairs and wake him from his 3rd shift slumber by throwing that damn pen at his head...and then telling him I'm leaving for the mall to replace the clothes that got ruined by the pen that he TRIED to remember to take out of his pocket when he got undressed. GAH! SERIOUSLY?
    Posted by amyl9[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The exact response FI gave me when I asked him to empty his pockets.  Lucky for me it's usually only paper (although it takes FOREVER to get that white paper off all the dark clothes!!).  I try to check now.....I keep any money I find!!  I think of it as payment for having to check his pockets!
    </div>

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Haha. I keep any money I find in the washer/dryer too. I say it's my "tip" for doing the laundry :
  • the same just happened to me. I never check his pockets. he used to do his iwn laundry at home so I figured he would know. well I grabbed a pair of.pants and realizepd pens and wrappers were in his pockets, I can upstairs and threw the pen at the back of his head. Ha maybe he will remember now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Rawr...:[QUOTE]the same just happened to me. I never check his pockets. he used to do his iwn laundry at home so I figured he would know. well I grabbed a pair of.pants and realizepd pens and wrappers were in his pockets, I can upstairs and threw the pen at the back
    of his head. Ha maybe he will
    remember now. Posted by
    kursha13[/QUOTE]

LMAO. Girrrrl....
  • So confession - I do not do any of our laundry, FI does it all.
    BUT you better believe, when he told me that he was not going to wash my clothes if I did not separate the shirts, empty my pockets and unroll my socks, my butt very quickly got in the habit of doing exactly as he wanted! 
  • In Response to Re:Rawr...:[QUOTE]So confession I do not do any of our laundry, FI does it all.BUT you better believe, when he told me that he was not going to wash my clothes if I did not separate the shirts, empty my pockets and unroll my socks, my butt very quickly got in the habit of doing exactly
    as he wanted!nbsp; Posted by
    Tiffany6912[/QUOTE]

If this was a post on FB I would "like" it.
  • My FI does this occasionally.  He's gotten better ONLY from me throwing pens at him when he least expects it... ie, I sneak upstairs after putting a load in the dryer and throw it at him.  After about 3 times and threatening not to do his laundry any more he's gotten pretty good about it.
  • I'd be pissed and would indeed chuck said pen at his head. However i'm lucky and haven't done laundry in four years :D Fi does all the laundry in our house
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Alice in Wonderland Planning Bio

image 83 Invited
    image 47 Attending
    image 5 Declined
    image 31 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 2, 2012
  • This makes me laugh only because I'm usually the one leaving Pens and Chapstick in my scrubs! I'm sorry your clothes got stained though I know it's a pita to clean!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageWhite Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards