Destination Weddings Discussions

Checks!

Even in all the craziness of Christmas I managed to achieve a couple of checks!

I booked our flights!! I didn't post about this earlier but I had been holding off on booking our flights because we each had a $300 credit with the airline that FI works for (and I used to work for). Well I called about 2 weeks ago to book our flight and the agent on the phone informed me that my credit had been erased. I couldn't understand why so I had him look into it. He informed me that when I quit they took my credit away.

** Back Story **  In November 2009 WestJet switched over to a new computer system and it was complete hell. The computers didn't work for over a week, passengers were losing their minds, flights were delayed for hours, etc. Like I said, hell. As a thank you from the airline they gave every employee $300 for dealing with that BS. Shortly after I went on disability because I found out that I had 2 herniated discs in my back as well as degenerative disc disease that was causing me to be in cripling pain. In August I realized that I wouldn't be able to return to the same position as it required me to work 12+ hours a day and be on my feet for my entire shift, and my Dr recommended I only work a job where I can sit as much as possible. ANYWAY, I earned that credit and I didn't leave the company on bad terms. I had to leave because of a medical problem and was basically forbidden by my Dr to return to that job. So I appealed to WestJet and told them just that but they have no heart and could care less about their employees (current and former) and basically told me too damn bad, I can't have the credit back. ** End back story **

So anyway the fight cost us more than we budgeted for (It would have only be $132 round trip had those b**tards not taken away my credit!) but at least it's booked and I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Another check: My shoes! I've been lusting after these Juicy Couture starfish sandals for MONTHS but couldn't find them anywhere for a decent price. Well a few weeks ago I checked eBay for them (as I did about once a week but they never had my size/color) and they had them!! So of course I bought it on the spot. They arrived yesterday and they are PERFECT! I just love them. I wore them around the house for about an hour :) I can't wait until my dress comes in and I can try it on with my new sandals! SQUEEEEEE!!

Here they are:

Re: Checks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards